How to use mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Darmir

How to use mapper

Post by Darmir »

I noticed there really isn't a base tutorial on how to create a map in mudlet. It was very easy to make a map in zmud/cmud because there was a scripting wizard that walked you catching your room name/room exists and room description/mud prompt. Once you ran the wizard it worked pretty much out of the box.
Is there going to be a wizard for non IRE muds?
Also can someone help me with getting my information for creating my map:
Here is a base mud output for a room:
A Long, Low Room
Exits: east (closed door)

This room is spacious enough to give room for the couple beds
and bins in the room and leave room for more than one person to
walk about comfortably. The room smells of pine from the beams
and wood it is made from. Whitewash covers the walls like the
rest of the house. A window looks out over the garden on the
southern wall, allowing sunlight in by day.

A wooden bunk bed with ivory colored linens is here.
A bed made of plain pine stands against the wall.
A large cabinet of cedar wood stands here against one wall.
A brown-painted wooden bin stands against one wall.
A wooden shepherds-hook
leaning against a large cedar cabinet in the
corner.
A brass lantern sits here, its slides closed.

<****** / ||||||>

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: How to use mapper

Post by Heiko »

The mapper isn't finished. I'm still in the process of adding a lot of features and finishing the mapper. After the release of Mudlet 2.0 (coming soon) there will be proper documentation on how to use the mapper and there'll also be a basic generic mapper script for MUDs without any mapping support. Until then you can search the forum for mapper scripts for non atcp/gmcp enabled MUDs. Checkout the Two Towers mapping script, the WoT mapping script and the newly released 3kingdoms mapping script to find out how to do your own.

Darmir

Re: How to use mapper

Post by Darmir »

Heiko wrote:The mapper isn't finished. I'm still in the process of adding a lot of features and finishing the mapper. After the release of Mudlet 2.0 (coming soon) there will be proper documentation on how to use the mapper and there'll also be a basic generic mapper script for MUDs without any mapping support. Until then you can search the forum for mapper scripts for non atcp/gmcp enabled MUDs. Checkout the Two Towers mapping script, the WoT mapping script and the newly released 3kingdoms mapping script to find out how to do your own.
Thanks Heiko.