Gemstone IV & Dragonrealms

Theiwar

Gemstone IV & Dragonrealms

Post by Theiwar »

Is it possible to connect to games produced by Simutronics (i.e. Gemstone IV and Dragonrealms) with Mudlet? I remember seeing a request about it, has anyone figured out how to accomplish it?

Adam

Vadi

Re: Gemstone IV & Dragonrealms

Post by Vadi »

I think so. The onConnect() function was introduced along with sendSocket() for these purposes. But I don't think the guy that did it posted what he uses.

Theiwar

Post by Theiwar »

Hmmm, mind expanding on the usage of those functions? I'll see if I cant figure it out.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

function onConnect()
-- stuff you want to do right at the connection time when the secret codes should be sent
sendSocket(secretcode)
end

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

No, you don't need this function. Jerle has played these games with Mudlet. As far as I remember, you cannot connect directly, but you need to log in via some html page to get some sort of login key and connect with Mudlet afterwards.

JerleMinara

Post by JerleMinara »

I've mostly implemented this in LUA by peeking at the Warlock client and implementing the password hashing system.

Currently my mudlet can connect to eaccess, get a login key, and disconnect. Unfortunately there's no way to programmatically connect to a different mud server (Simu splits the servers up for each of the games and you have to go to eaccess to get the login token).

Until Heiko adds that (I'm about to write him an email) I can't fully implement it. I implemented a partial solution, instructions are as follows:

1) Download the package from http://www.stuckintheinter.net/Simutronics_Mudlet.zip
2) Extract bit.lua to your Mudlet install location
3) Create a new profile and point it at eaccess.play.net port 7900
4) Import the xml package into that eaccess profile. Go to the trigger "Hash Catcher" and adjust _password, _accountName, _characterName. (Account name must be all upper case)
5) Create a new profile that connects to dr.simutronics.net port 4901. This is the game profile, you will do all your scripting and stuff here

To log in:
1) Connect to eaccess.play.net, let it run through until you disconnect.
2) When you disconnect it will echo a key. Copy that key.
3) Connect to dr.simutronics.net. Paste the key in, hit enter once.
4) Game.

Edit: As a note Simu is ok with using mudlet as long as you abide by the TOS (not botting, etc)

Have fun!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

2.0 rc's already have the bit library, because we switched to LuaJIT 2. Just a fyi.