Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet 2.0 final]

Vadi

Re: 2.0 snapshots

Post by Vadi »

I implemented it to be used. I think you commented it out somewhere along the way, however...

[cpp]
452 /*if ((mpHost->getLogin().size()>0) && (mpHost->getPass().size()>0)) {
453 _h = TN_IAC;
454 _h += TN_SB;
455 _h += GMCP;
456 _h += "Char.Login { \"name\": \"";
457 _h += mpHost->getLogin().toLatin1().data();
458 _h += "\", \"password\": \"";
459 _h += mpHost->getPass().toLatin1().data();
460 _h += "\" }";
461 _h += TN_IAC;
462 _h += TN_SE;
464 cout << " sending: " << _h << endl;
465 socketOutRaw( _h );
466 }*/
[/cpp]

Yep.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

When I've got a lot of text in my command line (read, LOOOONG message) input seems to slow down - every letter I type takes 2-3 seconds to appear. Deleting goes as fast as normal, and if I select all and delete, typing goes as fast as normal until I get too many chars again. By a lot, I mean something along the lines of this length:
bugappend 7724 To replicate this bug, all you need to do is have GMCP commands being sent from the mud, and log in. What you get back is something like this: Room.Info { "num": 7178, "name": "Barret's Coffee House.", "area": "Krondor", "environment": "urban", "coords": "4,10,-1,0", "map": "www.midkemiaonline.com/irex/maps/client ... =0&level=0 10 6", "details": [ "shop" ], "exits": { "out": 572 } }You have no more unread messages. (first command was RM)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

It's the spellchecker word matching being inefficient. It's unoptimized, so it'll be improved in time.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Vadi wrote:It's the spellchecker word matching being inefficient. It's unoptimized, so it'll be improved in time.
That said: Could we get an option to enable/disable spellchecker?

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Not sure how to show what's happening when a bug like this occurs, but if someone shows me, I'll try.

The bug is this: When I leave a profile open overnight (or pass out at my computer, rather), when I go to reconnect 8 hours later, the entire program hangs, and needs a force-quit. It doesn't hang until it connects though - it hangs on connection. I've got GMCP enabled if that makes a difference...

Tell me how I can see what's happening when this happens, and I'll be glad to do it, as I can replicate this with annoying regularity.

edit- if I'm using mudlet for 8 hours straight, this doesn't ever happen. It's only if it's been idle for a long time.

Wennef

Post by Wennef »

Ever since I downloaded this, my deleteLine with cecho seems to be broken now. It just gags instead of replaces the line. I read there's the replace function but I don't see an example of it being coloured unlike with cecho. What should I be doing? Also my sendAlls seem to be broken as well...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

It is not broken, it always worked this way. deleteLine() deletes the line, as it explains... hence an echo on it is no good. To replace, you'd do selectString(line, 1) replace("")

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Or, you could do this
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
function colorgag(fcolor,bcolor,msg)
 assert(type(fcolor) == "string", "Foreground color needs to be a string")
 assert(type(bcolor) == "string","Background color needs to be a string")
 assert(type(msg) == "string","Msg must be a string")
 deleteLine()
 fg(fcolor)
 bg(bcolor)
 echo(msg)
 resetFormat()
end

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Just updated the Ubuntu PPA with the most recent git snapshots. Should be able to add the Ubuntu PPA for mudlet-makers, and get the most up todate version of mudlet. It will read as 'mudlet-2.0~ppa17' but please note, this is NOT the final 'RELEASE' version. However, I had to use this naming scheme and not a 2.0RC, or that would not maintain the upgrade path correctly.

If you get an upgrade error regarding lrexlib or the like, then you will need to remove mudlet and lrexlib1, then reinstall mudlet via the package on the PPA.

Launchpad Bug

Everest

Post by Everest »

Rakon wrote:Just updated the Ubuntu PPA with the most recent git snapshots. Should be able to add the Ubuntu PPA for mudlet-makers, and get the most up todate version of mudlet. It will read as 'mudlet-2.0~ppa17' but please note, this is NOT the final 'RELEASE' version. However, I had to use this naming scheme and not a 2.0RC, or that would not maintain the upgrade path correctly.
I don't think the upload happened exactly as you planned. The "mudlet" packages have been replaced with 2.0 .deb's of only 13.5 KiB. Installing these essentially removes Mudlet; the icon disappears and it's not recognized as installed when I run it from a terminal.

LP Bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+bug/726361