Mudlet features and API requests

Yetzederixx

Re: Mudlet API requests

Post by Yetzederixx »

Vadi wrote:'send to notepad' might not work for everyone, unless we always append the text at the end and hope it'll be alright for everyone.

Not sure, I think unless more people would like this, it's best to leave as-is.
I was talking about sending text from notepad to the mud, not the reverse.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Auto-copying on selection is definitely a no-no, just a usability failure all around to mess with the general clipboard.

A lot of the problems you mention are, actually (and perhaps unfortunately for you), addressed by using any Linux-based OS... they typically have a) a feature where your current selection can be pasted with middle-click, b) a feature to pin any window on top.

Triple-click to select the whole line and double-click to select the whole word would be good additions though, along with the minimum character limit for command history.

Denarii

Post by Denarii »

I'd like to be able to copy with ctrl-c and/or ctrl-ins.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

To further Denarii's request: I'd really like to be able to double click on a word in the main output and have that word be highlighted. Even better if I could tripple click and have the line be highlighted, like standard behavior you'd expect from a text editor.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Denarii wrote:I'd like to be able to copy with ctrl-c and/or ctrl-ins.
That already works

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Vadi wrote:
Denarii wrote:I'd like to be able to copy with ctrl-c and/or ctrl-ins.
That already works
If you have the command line set to select text after sending rather than clear the input line, highlighting something on the main output and selecting ctrl+c copies the input line text instead. This has always kind of bothered me, but I've just gotten used to highlight->right click->copy from context menu.

Just to add, though, the ability to copy to HTML is awesome.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Same.

Denarii

Post by Denarii »

Ah, it was copying from miniconsoles with ctrl-c that doesn't work. And ctrl-ins doesn't work at all.

Yetzederixx

Post by Yetzederixx »

I have issues with ctrl-c constantly to the point where I don't even bother anymore and just right click. I haven't tested this since the update the other day, but it only worked sporadically in the last version.

Caled

Post by Caled »

tsuujin wrote: If you have the command line set to select text after sending rather than clear the input line, highlighting something on the main output and selecting ctrl+c copies the input line text instead. This has always kind of bothered me, but I've just gotten used to highlight->right click->copy from context menu.

Just to add, though, the ability to copy to HTML is awesome.
^ Yeah, that has been a problem for a long time.
Right clicking is okay with a mouse.
Or when you're not using certain buggy releases for other operating systems that are really finicky (and illogical) about where on the highlighted text and in the resulting drop down menu you click.