Improved trigger icons?

Vadi

Improved trigger icons?

Post by Vadi »

Would anyone with digital art skills mind coming up with two icons for Mudlet to use - one to represent gate triggers properly (right now they're shown a filter...), and a gate+filter, where the filter is overlayed the gate icon and is made smaller. Like this.

Current style of icons is Oxygen (http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Ox ... tent=74184), for reference in drawing. Thanks if anyone can come up with this!

Alexander Divine

Re: Improved trigger icons?

Post by Alexander Divine »

I'll put a few attempts out. Question, what's the difference between a gate and filter trigger? Thought they were the same thing.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

a gate passes the entire line it matches on to its children

a filter trigger filters what it passes along, only passing along the parts you capture. So you can have a prompt trigger like so:

\d+h, \d+m\s+(.*)-

and everything in the (.*) capture group will be passed on to the children for parsing, if filter is checked off. If it's not, the entire line is passed on for parsing.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Bump.

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

I started working on this late last week but got sidetracked. Will try to come up with something in the next few days.

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

Vadi,
What size will the image be when displayed in mudlet? I have created a few images for the gate+filter and gate but the gate doesn't really show well when it is a 32x32 images size.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

They can be several sizes, it's user-adjustable. Adjust it so it works at 32x32 and below that if possible, because it definitely won't be shown higher than that.

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

Gotcha. When it gets that small it is really difficult to tell that it is a gate because of the detail. I will come up with something more simple to use as a gate.