Mudlet-1.2.0-pre6 released

Iocun

Re: Mudlet-1.2.0-pre4 released

Post by Iocun »

Heiko wrote:Ixokai will need to look into the openGL issue, but what line delta bug are you talking about?
The line delta box for multiline triggers looks like this:
So I can't see the value that's in the box. I can still enter a value, but I can't check it, unless I copy/paste it from there to somewhere else.
I thought Vadi had said this bug had been fixed now, but I may be mistaken.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The delta line bug issue should be fixed with the merging of my gmcp patch - on macs, the line delta had a minimum height of 0 and on max it really had height of nearly zero.

Iocun

Post by Iocun »

ah, ok. Thanks!

ixokai

Post by ixokai »

This is the first mac preview for 1.2.0.

For me, when I open the map, it does indeed look all jumbled-- but only while it says while its downloading the map.

Once the map is downloaded, it resets and I see a pretty 3D map of where I'm at.

Iocun

Post by Iocun »

Oh right! I did finally manage to get it to work. Thanks.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Heiko wrote:Ixokai will need to look into the openGL issue, but what line delta bug are you talking about?
I noticed this bug a few days ago, and hadn't reported it yet because I'm intending to look into it more.
Basically, in the trigger edit window, the line delta field for multiline-AND option looks normal when you first open the trigger window, but as soon as you try to change the value of the line delta, the line delta field vertically 'contracts' to the point where you cannot read the number or see the up/down arrows.

This happens consistently, every time, and the only way for me to create/edit these types of triggers currently is to reboot into windows/ubuntu and do it there.

I'll grab a screenshot later.

Edit: fyi, I am now a mac user. I've one of the newer macbook pros. I have ubuntu and windows installed on it as well, but prefer to use them as little as possible as it seems to run hot when I do.

dss

Post by dss »

I was so excited about the mapper that I sort of stopped playing and held my breath and waited for the 1.2 release for mac. Now that it's out I am so disappointed to learn that the mapper doesn't work with the mud I play. Seems like I'm still waiting for something else...

Will the ability to simply "map" without the mud itself hosting a map for mudlet to download be included in the actual 1.2 release? Or is this a future plan?

ixokai

Post by ixokai »

dss wrote:I was so excited about the mapper that I sort of stopped playing and held my breath and waited for the 1.2 release for mac. Now that it's out I am so disappointed to learn that the mapper doesn't work with the mud I play. Seems like I'm still waiting for something else...

Will the ability to simply "map" without the mud itself hosting a map for mudlet to download be included in the actual 1.2 release? Or is this a future plan?
Err? I'm not sure who ever implied that the mapper preview was anything but IRE only. IIUC, its going to stay that way for 1.2. Its not because of any special treatment of IRE games, its just they're a practical way to experiment with this feature since they provide full map data for us to play with and we don't have to go around manually mapping out muds to test out the usage of 3D maps. Its real maps / real data: the mapper is still really, really experimental, and will continue to be so in 1.2. I would not wait for it.

In the future we are certainly going to have the ability for it to be used for other muds, and for you to generate maps through various means (primarily in lua, IIUC).

This is just a huge feature :) And the fundamental part of it, the 3D display and manipulation, is actually really complicated and getting it usable is phase 1. That's all that 1.2 is trying to do: a base foundation of map-usage for people to experiment with. It'd be nice if you could try it out on any mud, but then we'd have to have the ability to generate / record maps done *first* -- which isn't what we wanted to do first.

(Not that I speak for heiko, the above is just IIUC)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

ixokai got it spot-on. If your MUD implements MMP, the mapper wouldn't take a lot of effort to adjust, and the actual mapping capabilities will come later of course.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Mudlet-1.2.0-pre5 released

Post by Heiko »

Mudlet-1.2.0-pre5 released: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mudlet/ ... e/download

new:
- split screen scrolling bug fixed
- fully working gmcp support
- a bunch of special functions for advanced system needs

On Mac OSX the map window will look mangled while the map is being downloaded for the first time, but the mapper will work normally.