Mudlet features and API requests

naftali

Re: Mudlet API requests

Post by naftali »

Didn't mean to add anything to the UI. Just that in a multiline/and trigger, if only one of the patterns is a regexp the matches table would automatically be set to that entry in multimatches. No UI cluttering required.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You can always make them be shielded regexes then, and you'll have matches on the regex. Performance is pretty much the same as tested. I just see such workarounds adding confusion while not being that overly helpful.

WillFa

Post by WillFa »

I keep seeing people use the term "shielded regexp" ... what's it mean? A regex further down a filter chain or something?

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

WillFa wrote:I keep seeing people use the term "shielded regexp" ... what's it mean? A regex further down a filter chain or something?
A regular expression pattern chained to something significantly faster (generally a "beginning of line" pattern) so that the regex is never calculated unless the beginning of line matches.

Regex is slow, so keeping them from firing unless necessary is good!

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Much like using anonymous functions in the temp* functions, I'd like to be able to use anonymous functions in click callbacks, as opposed to just strings.

Also, it would be nice to be able to use nested table values for click callbacks. <my_system.callback> as opposed to just <callback>.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Integration with DBus signals.

Listen for signals
Register a signal

I'd like to see this implemented basically, like the current script-events are done. I would register a dbus signal in the scripts, which Mudlet would then 'listen' for:

Match: 'im.pidgin.purple.ImMessageRecieved'
Script: <write some lua code to execute on DBus signal>

I found lua Dbus bindings here, and successfully included it with Mudlet loadup (just printing out the dbus connections. However, when trying to initiate the mainloop() to LISTEN for a signal, it locks up Mudlet.

So, I am suggesting that native support be added in Mudlet, for DBus.

onetimeonly

Post by onetimeonly »

I'd just like a prototype of all mudlet functions, in alphabetical order please.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

onetimeonly

Post by onetimeonly »

Omit

Post by Omit »

Just a few things....

MouseRelease event for labels (If you look at most all interfaces the things attached to mouse clicks are sounds and changing the mouse pointer... not actions. This allows a user to change their mind after the click by moving the mouse off the button. It would also be nice to know the location of the click and the release as well as what button was clicked)

Mouse rollover event for labels.
Tooltips (notes that appear over a button/label when mouse is hovering over it. Attached to a rollover event)
Set mouse pointer icon.

Current mouse location (this would seldom get used but would allow you to redraw windows/labels based on the mouse location. Example: click a label, move mouse and have label follow mouse, release mouse and have window/label assigned to a new location on the screen)

And lastly,
A simple modal dialog allowing 1-3 buttons and at least 1 text value to be entered. (This would be a tremendous help and could even be used to setup "wizards" for making aliases, triggers, buttons, .....)

Dispite my wishlist above, MUDlet has been a pleasure to use and it's strengths far outwiegh it's shortcomings.