Last requests before feature freeze

FormerZmudUser

Re: Last requests before feature freeze

Post by FormerZmudUser »

Please change the colors in the trigger pattern list. :evil: ..... :ugeek:
Please change the font in the pattern list and in the editor to a monospaced font.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Would a search function in the script editor be possible? Tracking things down in a large system, particularly one written by someone else, can be quite painstaking.

Edit: Never mind, I just realised that its a planned feature.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

FormerZmudUser wrote:Please change the colors in the trigger pattern list. :evil: ..... :ugeek:
Please change the font in the pattern list and in the editor to a monospaced font.
Go ahead and suggest better colors. I'll fix the font issues.

gurke111

Post by gurke111 »

A feature for Windows: minimize to taskbar

Caled

Post by Caled »

setLabelRightClickCallback()

Could we, please? (As in right click with the mouse sending a different command to left clicking.)

Caled

Post by Caled »

This one may be a very easy one to implement - I really hope so.
An option in preferences, which makes any command sent via the send() function, have a command echo on the main screen.

I ask for this, because debugging a curing system is really difficult without knowing what gets sent when - but once a curing system is working well, it would be nice to simply turn that off.

I know that I can echo stuff in my scripts, and that perhaps with the right amount of indirection it would even be possible to toggle on/off with a single alias, but that sort of thing needs initial planning. Implementing it after the fact would take a LOT of effort, and it seems to me that if the toggle could be within the send function itself, everyone could benefit without doing that.

I.e.

Checkbox in preferences:
(*) Enable command echo for send() function?

Edit: If I had thought about it ages ago, I could have done the following, but to make the change now, I would have to change every single instance of "send" in the whole profile, which would take hours :(

Code: Select all

function mysend(c)
    if sendecho==1 then echo(c) end
    send(c)
end

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Export, find & replace, import back :)

Thylacine

Post by Thylacine »

readBuffer(), to read the contents of a buffer/label/miniconsole, or am I just missing something? :P

Oh, and is it possible to have an 'onExit' event, so we can cleanup stuff?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

text = getCurrentLine( bufferName/windowName ) will get you the text of the current line i. e. the line where the user cursor is placed. This applies to any buffer/console.
In case your buffer has more than 1 line, you can iterate over the buffer line by line.
Use maxLine = getLastLineNumber( windowName ) & moveCursor( windowName, lineNumber, 0 )

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

An option for multiline/AND triggers to require conditions to match on different lines. For instance, if I have a multi-line trigger with A as pattern 1 and B as pattern 2, the option would make it so the trigger won't fire on a single line that contains both A and B.

An option to choose which capture groups will be passed to a filter's children would be nice, too, but this one hasn't caused as many problems for me so far.

And a way to combine AND and OR conditions in a single trigger would be well-received (at least by me).