Button Drop Down

Ricktava

Button Drop Down

Post by Ricktava »

Im haveing a Issue with the Buttons. For some reason if I put a Button Into a Dropdown Group like in the screen shot below. it will not activate a Alias such as in Screenshot#2 Button did not run Screenshot#3 Alias.
Attachments
screanshot3.jpg
screanshot2.jpg
achaeadropdownnoarun.jpg

Ricktava

Re: Button Drop Down

Post by Ricktava »

Screenshots are came out wrong 1 is at the bottom and 3 is at the top

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

To call an alias you'll need to expand the alias in the alias unit instead of sending a clear text command to the server.

expandAlias("your commands go here")

Ricktava

Post by Ricktava »

Thanks Mission Complete! got around it by just copying my whole alias for targeting and replaceing the

Code: Select all

target = matches[2] 

with

Code: Select all

target = "name of target"
for the button

Digital Ninja

Post by Digital Ninja »

Please! could you share with me how you created the pulldown menus. I can't find info on this anywhere in here!
Cheers,
Jonathan

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You make a group of buttons inside a group of buttons

Digital Ninja

Post by Digital Ninja »

Awesome thanks that worked!

on a side note: since this topic is still fresh. really, i'm so confused about how to save my profile. how and where is my profile being saved? when i click save profile. it doesn't save my profile. when i try doing save profile as: then it opens up a browser, i navigate somewhere, save the file, and then it seems to save my buttons/triggers/scripts. but then if i open mudlet again, and do save, it doesn't save. also, if i go to the folder where i saved the file, and get rid of the .xml that was saved, and then reopen mudlet, all my stuff is still there. so it's like not even USING that xml file. I am really lost! How do I load/save profile correctly? (buttons/trigs/scripts/alias)
J

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

The profiled is saved to that profile's base directory. In linux/OSX it is generally

$HOME/.config/mudlet/profiles/profilename

On windows, I believe it is %HOME%/.config/mudlet/profiles/profilename but I'd have to double check to be sure. It may be more dependent on where you installed mudlet to. I've really only installed mudlet on windows once or twice to test an issue.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

The save profile icon is the one you should regularly use thoughout your session if you've added a lot of new stuff. This will save your profile as a new snapshot. When you restart Mudlet the latest snapshot of your profile is being loaded unless you choose to load an older snapshot in case you want to roll back to an older version of your profile.

The save profile as icon is supposed to be used only if you want to export your profile either for backup or for profile sharing with other players.

redt

Post by redt »

This is going back to the original topic of "Button Drop Down".

I'm very new to MUD and Mudlet is my very first client which I'm slowly trying to conquer.

Now, I created successfully great number of simple, basic buttons which all work great.

Problem came when I tried to organize them into drop downs. I put them in folders, no problem, they SHOW up great, however they don't work, they're dead. They just look nice.

I didn't change a thing. Perhaps I should've, but I have no idea how to change them so they actually work as drop downs.

I would really appreciate some help, I spent many hours trying to figure this out and I need to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks

red