Open protocol support

tsuujin

Re: Open protocol support

Post by tsuujin »

Vadi wrote:On IRE games, nothing. Though with the upcoming expansion to ATCP, some commands seem to have been added but they aren't documented (decompiling the Nexus client will find you some).
Cool.

KaVir

Post by KaVir »

Vadi wrote:On IRE games, nothing.
So the server just sends everything to the client, even if the client doesn't care about it?

I was wondering how the server was supposed to know which variables to send, I guess that explains it. I could see this becoming a problem as more variables are added, but at least the Mudlet implementation seems to be flexible enough to handle my workaround.

Wyd

Post by Wyd »

Edit: Vadi answered better then I did
Last edited by Wyd on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Not quite, during the negotiations the client asks which data sources to enable. For Mudlet, it's currently hardcoded to all popular IRE ones (but this will need to change soon to be scriptable/configurable, for one we're missing one option already...)

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

KaVir wrote:My attempt at adding events broke the script entirely, but at least its working from the server side.
ATCP events definitely work fine - at least there are no known issues whatsoever. As your MUD is going to be included on our recommended MUD list this issue should be fixed. Please send me your script and a test account on your server by email.

KaVir

Post by KaVir »

Heiko wrote:
KaVir wrote:My attempt at adding events broke the script entirely, but at least its working from the server side.
ATCP events definitely work fine - at least there are no known issues whatsoever.
I don't mean Mudlet doesn't work, I mean I'm struggling to understand Mudlet scripting, and therefore can't provide a visible demo as proof of concept - but it should now be usable for someone who knows what they're doing.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

* when we get a reliable way to activate it. I have the small framework done, but activating is still tricky unfortunately (it doesn't go through after some commands always :| ).

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Alright, done. With the new changes and some experimentation, it works.

Also added a sample handler for working on the data, for now it just echos it.
Attachments
gw2.xml.xml
(3.7 KiB) Downloaded 902 times