API request: User Windows

lex

API request: User Windows

Post by lex »

Mudlet have now very good support for all miniConsoles, gauches and labels. (This is now even better thanks to Geyser Layout Manager). All mentioned is great if you are happy with static UI.

Let's take following example. User would like define few capture windows, be able to resize and move them around, hide/show special windows, make if floatable... (see screenshot for model layout). This is partially implemented by UserWindows, but many important things are missing in API. (In essence user windows are like mini consoles, but uses can move it around, resize, ...)

It would be great if we can extend existing User Window API to:
  • - allow to set size of user window
  • - set position e.g. to be able build layout from screen shot (including tabs and floatable windows)
  • - get/save/restore position of all user windows (to save user's layout customisations)
Nice to have things:
  • - add Windows menu, which will easily allow to show/hide user windows
  • - set automatic word wrap (based on font size)
  • - Geyser Layout Wrapper around it, to manage window resize
  • - have separate user windows for each session/connection
Attachments
User Windows Layout
User Windows Layout

tsuujin

Re: API request: User Windows

Post by tsuujin »

I hate seeing things like this... because it reminds me of how badly I want a widescreen monitor for the screen realestate.

lex

Re: API request: User Windows

Post by lex »

lol, that's another reason to implement it. It will just give option to user to freely move/resize all windows and place is wherever they wanted.

PS: At least this screen shot don't have some insane resolution, so it should be fine on most monitors.