Cursor movement commands not supported

Laps

Re: Cursor movement commands not supported

Post by Laps »

Just curious - how did you tell which characters/commands/encoding the MUD was using? Is there documentation on this you could link me to so I can learn more?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

The fact that it was doing ASCII art immediately suggested the CP437 (often identified as the OEM font as it was often the one that is embedded in the EGA/VGA graphics adapter card's ROM by card manufacturers - that is what is used during the PC preboot ("accessing the BIOS CMOS setup/settings") / BIOS booting phase to generate the Power On Self Test {POST} text) encoding - and I had just been, as I said, adding it in as an EXTENDED ASCII codec.

As for the characters being used there is a qDebug() line in the code (as I said before) that was outputting a line of the form:

Code: Select all

TBuffer::translateToPlainText(...) INFO - Unhandled sequence of form CSI...C received, Mudlet will ignore it.
to the command line on Linux/FreeBSD (and possibly the other two main-line OSes as well) when an unknown/unhandled code is encountered and that was reporting the C (CUF cursor forward movement) and J (ED erase display) codes - for comparison the ones that do the SGR set graphics rendition are all indicated with a CSI...m. The reference document is https://www.itu.int/rec/dologin_pub.asp ... type=items but that is a little hard to comprehend - Wikipedia is easier: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code but less complete. :geek:

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Mudlet 4.9 now shows it quite well:
cp437.gif
cp437.gif (544.72 KiB) Viewed 5150 times

jes56

Post by jes56 »

In command mode, you can move the cursor with a number of keyboard commands. Certain letter keys, the arrow keys, and the Return key, Back Space (or Delete) ...

... the cursor. The following commands are available in insert mode. <ESC> return to command mode (exit insert mode) ... Cursor Movement Commands h, 7, ©H.

Jun 25, 2016 - nano cursor movement not working in Windows default console #55 ... the keyboard arrow keys it complains with a [ Unknown Command ] message, ... #31 (comment) in order to avoid the redirection is not supported error with ...

The full-screen text editor cursor movement commands depend on the ... If you are using software that does not support arrow key movement such as Mirror", ...
1992 - ‎Pollution Prevention Information Exchange System (Computer Program)

Regards:
Jes56,,,,,
The travel site is for all about Online Visa and Eta get the application and start your trip.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

I am not sure what you are trying to say jes56 but Mudlet is not trying to emulate precisely a VT100 or other terminal emulator - and we do not claim (via the Telnet TTYPE option) that we do - therefore, for a MUD game server to be sending commands that we do not profess to handle, it is not surprising when they just don't work!