Streaming tomorrow

demonnic

Streaming tomorrow

Post by demonnic »

I'm going to do a stream tomorrow, March 21st, starting (hopefully) about 11am EST (UTC-4, so 3pm UTC) on youtube. I'll comment here with the link closer to.

Overall topic will be unit testing for Mudlet scripts. It's a topic I'm actually pretty excited/passionate about, but I recognize it's a dense subject that a lot of people will not be familiar with. So let's talk about it =)

Planned touchpoints include:

What is this testing stuff anyway?
What's in it for me? The benefits of writing tests and a recent real world example or two.
Ok, you've convinced me, but how do I get started?
Some specifics of LuaUnit and writing some tests.

If you have something else you would like for me to cover on the topic of testing during the stream tomorrow, the best way to get it to happen is to reply here with the question, or to watch the stream and ask there. It's going to be a very loose format, with lots of time for Q&A if I'm not just speaking into the void.

Saros

Re: Streaming tomorrow

Post by Saros »

Awesome. I’m clueless as to unit tests, but I’ll try to make it!

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

I'll be recording it and leaving it up on youtube as well, so if you don't make it you won't miss out entirely =)

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Running a bit behind this morning, probably 30 minutes late

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16_aKITBU9g is the URL but I don't think the sound quality is very good