Mudlet's script windows won't open

aloc_acoc

Mudlet's script windows won't open

Post by aloc_acoc »

Hi guys,

I'm running Windows 7

I'm at a loss here... For some reason my script windows won't open at all (triggers, aliases, buttons, timers, scripts, etc.).

When I click on any of the script buttons, the button presses down, but nothing appears. The editor window never activates and is not behind my main window anywhere. When I turn on the menubar from the settings menu, and try to open the script editor from there, it still doesn't work.

The other buttons work fine (manual, IRC chat, settings, etc.).

I've tried:
2.0-rc5-1
2.0-rc5-mcp-enabled
2.0-rc6-pre1.exe

I selected the uninstall icon and uninstalled and did a fresh install (as opposed to just installing over the old files).

Tried running as both administrator and not.

I caught Vadi in the IRC channel for a brief second and asked me to try alt+e, but it didn't appear to do anything for me.

Deactivated my Windows firewall, and it still didn't work.

Help me Obi-Wan... :cry:

aloc_acoc

Re: Mudlet's script windows won't open

Post by aloc_acoc »

Tried more uninstalls tonight, and even searched my computer and deleted everything even mentioning "mudlet" found on my computer... all to no avail :(

Any thoughts?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

1. What screen size do you use?
2. The script editor is opened as a second main window. On Windows 7 you get a doubled up Mudlet icon in the task bar when the SC is open and you can manually focus the 2 windows from the task bar.
3. Mudlet uses the windows registry to save window size information. Do you use some registry access blocker tool?

aloc_acoc

Post by aloc_acoc »

Hey Heiko,

My Screen res is 1900x1200.

Yeah I did check the tray, and would've been terribly embarrassed had this just been minimized behind the main window, but it definitely isn't.... it just seems to not appear or open up at all upon pressing any of the script buttons, the shortcut from the menu bar, or the hot key alt+e :(

And I've never installed any registry blocker tool. Admittedly, this does sound like something wrong with something deep in my computer settings though.

Cetea

Post by Cetea »

I had this problem as well, and after a reinstall (which didn't work) I looked around for alternative solutions. The fix to this was to alt tab to the window (it is opened, just minimized), alt space, then select maximize. You should be able to see the scripting window after that.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Um, you do realise that the OP hasn't been around here since 2011? :shock:

As it happens Mudlet still saves the editor position - though it now uses an INI file format for all OSes if I remember it correctly - fair enough it does use the same settings for every profile which does not work so good if you are multi-playing (have more than one profile running at a time)... :roll:

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

I've seen this behaviour before, primarily when you go from a multi-monitor setup with the script editor on the secondary monitor to a single monitor setup

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

@SlySven I asked them to post the solution in case someone else ran into the problem :)