Installing Mudlet on Sparky Linux(Debian based)

Furkhan

Installing Mudlet on Sparky Linux(Debian based)

Post by Furkhan »

I’ve installed Sparky Linux (Debian based) on my very old computer (Asus EEE PC 1000HE). Tried many linux distros before but this one is the fastest for me. But the Mudlet version in Debian repositories is out of date. So I have to install it manually. I tried to download it from mudlet website but I can’t open AppImage file. So I downloaded latest version from GitHub. That’s not an AppImage file, but it needs to be installed. I’ve tried the instructions in mudlet wiki.
But when I try to do this one: sudo luarocks install lua-yajl

Installing luarocks. org/lua-yajl-2.0-1.src.rock

Error: Could not find library file for YAJL
No file libyajl.a in /usr/lib
No file libyajl.a in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
No file libyajl. so in /usr/lib
No file libyajl. so in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
No file matching libyajl. so.* in /usr/lib
No file matching libyajl. so.* in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
You may have to install YAJL in your system and/or pass YAJL_DIR or YAJL_LIBDIR to the luarocks command.
Example: luarocks install lua-yajl YAJL_DIR=/usr/local

And other steps in web site don’t work because of this error. I’m stucked and I don’t know what to do. I’m a beginner linux user and don’t know anything about this code and command things. I prefer linux because it’s safer and faster then windows. Especially on very old computers like mine. Is there any easy way to install Mudlet? Anyone able to help me?

Vadi

Re: Installing Mudlet on Sparky Linux(Debian based)

Post by Vadi »

SlySven would you know?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Installing Mudlet on Sparky Linux(Debian based)

Post by SlySven »

Sorry for the delay - I've been engaged in other things in RL and hadn't spotted this thread. From inspecting my (Debian) Linux OS I suggest you may need to install the libyajl2 package - i.e. using the following command to the OS:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libyajl2
I suppose it is possible that you might need the development files (though I think not) but if the above is not sufficient to enable you to install that luarock you may also need to install libyajl-dev as well...