Creating a package

Guilend

Creating a package

Post by Guilend »

I have searched trying to find an answer to this question on this forum and have only found threads about making a mapper. So I have decided to ask this myself. I have found the page on wiki that tells me how to do this. However after I finish the step telling me to use the "save profile as" option, it tells me to create a new profile and not to enter an address or port number and just name the new empty profile using what I want to call my package. When I try that part It doesn't work. I can't hit the connect button after naming it. Not sure if the info I am going on is just outdated or if I am missing something. Can someone explain this to me, step by step?

Jor'Mox

Re: Creating a package

Post by Jor'Mox »

So... don't do that, whatever that is. If you want to make a package, go to the Toolbox menu, and select the Package Exporter option, then within that pick which scripts, aliases, triggers, etc. you want to include, and save it. Then, for someone trying to use it, they can use the Package Manager (from the same menu) to import that file.

Guilend

Post by Guilend »

Thanks. It worked, I never saw that option before. Though it crashes Mudlet when I use it, but it does seem to create the package.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The crash will be fixed next release, we're onto that problem.

Guilend

Post by Guilend »

Thanks