Trackin the game.

Johyn

Trackin the game.

Post by Johyn »

Greets!

Newcomer in Mudlet, I need informations about its possibilities as a graphical mud, as I'm planin to realize an old dream. It's kind of a simple concept, articulated around visual rooms, that is, rooms with an added picture or painting to enhance the atmosphere, or to interact with.

Could I tinker a bit of that client to come to that, knowin that I have no experience of scriptin, but full time and dedication to learn and build? Or maybe you'd have a suggestion for another client or software close to my project?
Checked Gamemaker, ClickteamFusion and Godot, but that's already heavy stuff.

Well, that's it, fun! :)

Vadi

Re: Trackin the game.

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, I think you'll find that Mudlet can do it. Check out this gif: https://i.imgur.com/LLes7bJ.gif and screenshots on https://www.mudlet.org/media. With some good effort, I think you can achieve what you'd like!

Johyn

Post by Johyn »

It's definetly intrestin, do you have any doc for the use of Mudlet client?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Are you thinking of something like the ancient console games where each "room" has a picture that gets show at the top of the screen with the room description and other text below and then you type your commands in at the bottom? That would be fairly easy to do I think as all you need to provide is an additional sub-console or label at the top of the screen that fills the width and paint the picture you want into that...

Johyn

Post by Johyn »

Thxs for the manual, and yes that's exactly what I'm conceivin, Slysven. But more than painted pictures, I intend on modifyin real pictures, with paint or gimp 2 (but maybe that is what you meant?). Full screen and smaller pictures for lighter yet bigger texts, to work for an overall atmosphere of graphics/words. With the help of sounds and musics also.

I'm just wonderin why that is a not more comon game concept, as it is simple, not performance-intensive, and it should easily imerse the player in the game world...

Johyn

Post by Johyn »

But wait, Mudlet is a mud client, that means that I need a mud to use it. I can't create it with Mudlet, right?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That's right, you'll also need a server to connect to so you can do multiplayer.

Johyn

Post by Johyn »

Ok, could as well start to learn a long range game builder. Thxs for you!

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

I guess one issue you will face with such a concept is - are the players going to show in the pictures - if so than you are starting to move into the terrain of Graphical MUDs and (Massively) Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (M)MORPG ...

... whilst these are traditionally based on a Server-Client model, I do wonder whether there is scope for an FOSS decentralised peer-to-peer format? :geek: