Auto connection profile

thesamu

Auto connection profile

Post by thesamu »

Hi,
Im working to create an automatic access through crontab and this is my string:

Code: Select all

01 10 * * * export DISPLAY=10 && /usr/games/mudlet
How can i launch from crontab a specific profile?
o.s. ubuntu (debian)

Vadi

Re: Auto connection profile

Post by Vadi »

We don't have any command-line arguments right now but you can enable 'autoconnect' on a profile to have it load automatically, would that work?

The setting is also stored as a file in the profile directory, I think it is called 'autoconnect'.

thesamu

Post by thesamu »

Hi Vadi,
Thanks for the reply
currently I use "auto connect" but I have different server profiles that I would like to start from crontab.
auto-connect limits me to a single profile

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You can tick multiple profiles to auto-load

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

The auto-connect file is (IIRC) just a very short file that contains a Qt variable value - if you grope (the manual user equivalent to the command line grep command 8-P ? ) around in the ~/.config/mudlet/profiles/<ProfileName> directory for a file with that name for a profile with the control enabled you can put together a shell script that puts a copy of the file with that value in it into any profiles you want to automatically load when you start Mudlet (and delete the file from any profiles that you do not want to start like this).

A command line option to load one or more defined profiles (and one to stop auto-loading of others) are an item on my ToDo list but they are not anywhere near the top at this time!