Mudlet features and API requests

Vadi

Re: Mudlet features and API requests

Post by Vadi »

azure_glass

Post by azure_glass »

I think the "create Label" on mapper needs to be rethink to something more useful.

Maybe the text should be added first and then calculate width or height....
English is not my native language. If you don't understand what im writing ask. :)
Ubuntu 17.04, Mudlet 3.1

Esqurel

Post by Esqurel »

I'm not seeing a way for prefix() to work with colors. If that's true, I'd love a way to do so, perhaps cprefix() and dprefix() like exist with echo()?

schil

Post by schil »

A really great feature would be an option to delay lines sent to a mud. For example as a mud building I like to write help files in a text document then paste it all into the mud client. The issue however is when you paste over a certain amount of lines too fast it causes a buffer overload on the mud and it disconnects the user. A nice feature would be something to delay set a delay between the lines. This has been implemented in other popular clients and i would love to see it here.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

This could be implemented using a script in Mudlet, actually! Perhaps reach out for help on the help forums - it's possible using sysDataSendRequest and denyCurrentSend().

Smegz0r

Feature request

Post by Smegz0r »

I need to be able to enable/disable Mudlet scripts. I can do that with triggers and timers but not scripts. I currently have a script that I need to disable across all of my distributed code via an online update but at the moment that is not possible. Also just wondering why scripts were excluded in the first place from having this ability?

Thanks.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Well say a newbie copy/pastes some Geyser code to create a GUI, and then wants to disable the script to hide it. It won't work even if we had a function because even though a script is disabled, any functions or code that ran as part of it already exists.

The only thing it could affect are event handlers - and we've already added killAnonymousEventHandler() for that. Hope that helps!

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

I always build "enabled" type variables into all the public functions of my scripts, so they can be disabled that way. Switch the variable, and suddenly the script stops responding.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, killAnonymousEventHandler() is pretty new...

Smegz0r

Post by Smegz0r »

In this case that won't work as the script I want to disable is sysIrcMessage so I can register it elsewhere in my code at a later point in time.
I'm not sure that using killAnonymousEvent will work either since the script is built into the profile currently. My best solution is to distribute a new script with a script version flag.