Mudlet Mapper preview

jonhutch01

Re: Mudlet Mapper preview

Post by jonhutch01 »

UPDATE: Might have stumbled on to something. This time as is downloaded the map, before I hit the "ok" button I just let it sit there for about 30 seconds. Then hit the download button. Worked like a charm. Not sure if my waiting on hitting the ok button had anything to do with it but you never know. ..

So I uninstalled the old version I had of Mudlet. Erased all the settings from the .config/ file and the mudlet file and started with a fresh install of 1.2.0-pre2.

I followed the instructions to the letter and now when I hit the Map button, it will download the map. The progress bar will go away and then it will hang. It becomes un-responsive and just hangs there. I've given it up to 15 minutes (my computer is fairly good so I felt 15 minutes was being generous ;) ) and it just hangs there. It's still using CPU and memory but it doesn't do anything (or seems to at least).

Anything I can do to help in the debugging process? I have a professional version of VS 2008 (although I'm not sure if I have the C++ project addons installed) if I can help let me know!

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Business (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_ldr.100218-0019)
System Model: Latitude E6400
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A12
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 2036MB RAM
Page File: 2145MB used, 2169MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

If you can pause the process while it hangs there and provide a backtrace, that'd be real helpful.

Mudlet is compiled with Mingw though, not msvc... so I don't think their debugger would work. You'd need to use gdb with it

Ghent

Post by Ghent »

I see this error when I try to start the map. I have Ubuntu 10.04 LTS x86_64 freshly installed with default packages and mudlet-1.1.1-linux-x64-installer.bin and newly updated mudlet binary.

Code: Select all

Warning: QGLTempContext: No GL capable X visuals available.
0 # "10-05-2010#13-11-11map.dat" 
[LOADING MAP]: "/home/ghent/.config/mudlet/profiles/Achaea/map/10-05-2010#13-11-11map.dat" 
LOADED rooms: 0 
TMap::init() host= "Achaea" 
statistics: areas: 0 
area exit stats: QMap() 
Warning: QGLTempContext: No GL capable X visuals available.
Warning: Unrecognised OpenGL version
NEW ROOM: roomID= 11122 
ERROR: roomID not in rooms map 

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You want to install the opengl hardware drivers... if you're using nvidia, see system - administration - hardware drivers

Ghent

Post by Ghent »

I've gotten the map window to work, however when I join the game and try to download the map, I get this:

http://grab.by/4iw3

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

If you run the qt opengl demo programs that came with the sdk, do they work fine?

Ghent

Post by Ghent »

They seem to work properly.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Backup your profile xml files and delete ./config/mudlet/profiles/Achaea. Then import the Achaea profile I posted in the beginning of this thread.

Dyer

Post by Dyer »

jonhutch01 wrote:UPDATE: Might have stumbled on to something. This time as is downloaded the map, before I hit the "ok" button I just let it sit there for about 30 seconds. Then hit the download button. Worked like a charm. Not sure if my waiting on hitting the ok button had anything to do with it but you never know. ..

So I uninstalled the old version I had of Mudlet. Erased all the settings from the .config/ file and the mudlet file and started with a fresh install of 1.2.0-pre2.

I followed the instructions to the letter and now when I hit the Map button, it will download the map. The progress bar will go away and then it will hang. It becomes un-responsive and just hangs there. I've given it up to 15 minutes (my computer is fairly good so I felt 15 minutes was being generous ;) ) and it just hangs there. It's still using CPU and memory but it doesn't do anything (or seems to at least).
I had this exact same problem. Waiting 30 seconds to click the button did nothing. I spent hours tearing my hair out trying to fix it.

Finally I decided to "Run as Administrator" (Win 7 Ultimate.)

No more hang, no more hog of CPU, no more crazy weird implosion. Instant map. ARggh... well at least it works.

Jeisis

Post by Jeisis »

How would I go about getting this to work on Linux 64bit?