Mudlet features and API requests

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Mudlet API requests

Post by Heiko »

Vadi wrote:A function to insert text into the input line, so it can be optionally sent or modified and sent. Several people asked me about this
This has been requested numerous times. It's on my todo list.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

edit: see below for better solution

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Vadi wrote:tempExactTrigger - like tempRegexTrigger for regex matching, this one for exact match.
I'd like to modify this request slightly:

tempTrigger("regex"|"exact"|"substring"|"begin", <line to trigger on>, <response to trigger>)

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Here's another one: I'd like to be able to return the time remaining on a timer.

getTimer(timer_id) returns seconds left

WillFa

Post by WillFa »

With the Lua Function trigger patterns an ideal use for this would be for LPEG functions. Could you link to the LPEG library for cross platform ease of distribution of packages? :)

Also, another +1 for onConnect and onDisconnect events.

also, I am encountering a problem with my mud's version of ATCP/MXP... I play on 3kingdoms and they did their own thing, sending a tag in band that's not terminated with a newline or GA. With MushClient, I had access to a callback/event OnPluginPacketReceived. With Mudlet so far I think the MIP tags are just queueing up until a new line is sent (someone shouts, a round of combat, etc) Sitting there idle and regenning doesn't process until I get a new line. Is there any way to get around this?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

See if you can get your mud to do send a newline or a GA, essentially.

As for the other protocol support, see the thread in the dev section of the forum about.

About LPEG - can you justify why? we already have lrexlib, in addition to the regular pattern matching of Lua (please start a new thread in dev about this).

naftali

Post by naftali »

cecho() should explicitly deselect() before starting to change the colors - currently the following script:

Code: Select all

selectString(line,1)
cecho("<red>Testing")
will color the selected line red and then echo "Testing" in red. Since decho() and hecho() don't behave like this I assume it's not intentional, and it's quite annoying since sometimes Mudlet selects things even if none of our scripts call selectString(), so when I call cecho() random bits of mud output turn colors.

Denarii

Post by Denarii »

It's really weird that you would have trouble with cecho and not decho/hecho, they're essentially the same function (http://github.com/babelfish/mudlet-lua/ ... .lua#L1043), they just use different regexes to parse the string. But I can add in a deselect()

naftali

Post by naftali »

I thought so too, which is why I made sure to test each one repeatedly. I can't explain it, just calling it like I see it.

Atlas

Post by Atlas »

Probably won't be a popular one, but I'd really love the ability to play with the "scroll bar" on the right. It just feels like the only thing holding me back from fully transforming my GUI.

Also I understand why transparent miniConsoles would slow down a computer, but it’d be really neat if there was a way to make them work. I really want a chat-box inside an image!