How in the world to use a mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
syd

How in the world to use a mapper

Post by syd »

Hey all, I recently switched over from CMUD to mudlet, and the one thing that mystifies me is the mapper. I seem to see people successfully mapping, but it completely escapes me.
Do you have to program your own mapper? Should I just go back to CMUD if i want an easy to use mapper?

Vadi

Re: How in the world to use a mapper

Post by Vadi »

As every MUD is different in how rooms look like, Mudlet can't make a one-size-fits-all mapper. To this effect, a complimentary mapping script that's tailored to the MUD is required to make it work. What game are you playing? Perhaps someone has made one for your MUD.

syd

Post by syd »

A pretty obscure one. SWmud. Some dude made something that didnt seem to work very well way back when. K. Maybe ill just pop back to CMUD

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

No worries, sorry we couldn't help.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

I actually built a generic mapping script for Mudlet, and while it has to be tailored to your game, that is likely something I could help make happen.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Whoever has the mapping script - it would be great if you could post it in mudlet-mapper-f13/?sid=0a46c234d4fa7f609f9217b734775526 with the prefix of (mapping script), then Mudlet will be able to list it for the user when they click on the 'no mapping script detected, want to look for one' button

syd

Post by syd »

Jor'Mox wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:08 pm
I actually built a generic mapping script for Mudlet, and while it has to be tailored to your game, that is likely something I could help make happen.
Yeah, i was trying to get your mapper to work, but had no idea where to begin.

rooms are pretty simple:

Code: Select all

The edge of this vast domed durasteel chamber is broken in four places by archways at equal intervals. Light shining from a ring of holes in the wall casts an
Imperial symbol onto the ceiling high above. Booths occupy the center of the floor, and most of the people gather there. Vehicles are traveling along a path
around the outside edge of the floor. 

The drainage grating smells like a dead jawa.

You can hear people talking, the whine of low power repulsor lifts and the faint sounds of construction and takeoffs in the distance.

There are four obvious exits: south, north, east, and west.
potential exist can be: south, north, east, west, southwest, northwest, northeast, southeast, up, down, exit, out

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

So, right away, I'm running into a significant issue... Mudlet doesn't seem to want to connect to the game... What address are you using, and did you have to do anything special to get it to connect?

syd

Post by syd »

Jor'Mox wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:34 pm
So, right away, I'm running into a significant issue... Mudlet doesn't seem to want to connect to the game... What address are you using, and did you have to do anything special to get it to connect?
its swmud[dot]org port 6666

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Yeah, that is what I was trying to connect to, and it just sits there, trying to connect. Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?