Enable 'save profile on exit' by default?

Yes - so I won't have the 'do you want to save?' dialog when quitting
78%
No - so the 'do you want to save?' dialog comes up each time
22%

Total votes: 27

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Would anyone want the option to save profile automatically on exit to be enabled by default?

I personally find the program closing experience much more pleasant with it on :D
Dialog_668.png
Dialog_668.png (52.1 KiB) Viewed 9136 times

Knute

Re: Enable 'save profile on exit' by default?

Post by Knute »

That would be nice. Though, with the popup, it would be more useful if we could cancel the window closing action as well. If you fat finger something, and your mudlet window is closing, the popup is like a mockery to prolong the agony.

naftali

Post by naftali »

Knute wrote:That would be nice. Though, with the popup, it would be more useful if we could cancel the window closing action as well. If you fat finger something, and your mudlet window is closing, the popup is like a mockery to prolong the agony.
Apparently this is in the works. I know I've asked for it before, 'cause I do that far too often.

redt

Post by redt »

naftali wrote:
Knute wrote:That would be nice. Though, with the popup, it would be more useful if we could cancel the window closing action as well. If you fat finger something, and your mudlet window is closing, the popup is like a mockery to prolong the agony.
Apparently this is in the works. I know I've asked for it before, 'cause I do that far too often.
Is there any update on that?

I just lost hours of work not realizing that clicking an "X" on top would not cancel my erroneous Mudlet closing... !!!

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

you can check it yourself in the current version, to prevent that kind of thing.

onetimeonly

Post by onetimeonly »

Better idea! How about saving everytime there's a modification, and in case there's a crash or something, you can choose to restore one of the auto-backups.