Mudlet Mapper preview

Sidd

Re: Mudlet Mapper preview

Post by Sidd »

Currently, I'm trying to get it working with Lusternia, I can get it to work if I just use the Lusternia profile, but I can't get anything to work if I use the seperate profile I created. Is there a way around that? Thanks!

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

The map download is hardcoded into the 5 IRE icon profiles because the servers currently do not communicate the map version or download location. Until this has been added to the servers there is no way to use the map with self created profiles automatically. However, there are 2 options to get it to work manually:
1. Get the map to work in the standard profile of your game and then copy the entire map folder in .config/mudlet/profiles/gamename/map to your self created profile
or 2. export your own profile and import it in the respective standard profile

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

BrandNew wrote:I don't seem to have any luck at all. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips and I'm still left with a blank map area and an error saying Target room cannot be found in map db. when I click inside of it.

EDIT: Can ATCP interfere? I tried on Imperian rather than Lusternia where I have no system, and it worked fine.
Looks like you've downloaded the map, but the download failed somehow and an empty map has been saved. Delete the map folder in the respective profile. It'll download the map again if it cannot find an old map.

The mapper is entirely based on ATCP room information to locate yourself on the map. If you are using some proxy server, make sure ATCP is properly passed through to Mudlet.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

There seems to be an issue with corrupting the map, see how my map was fine but suddenly became 4kb:

Skylark

Post by Skylark »

This happens to me if I don't open the Mapper during a session of Mudlet and then save upon exit. Since it loads the most recent map, once this happens you have to manually delete the empty files.

I also seem to be having some stability issues; the Mudlet will occasionally crash when I first open the Mapper and every so often when I enter a new area. The area crashes seem random; no one area consistently crashes the Mapper, and it can happen during the first minute or after an hour of use. Of course, there are also times when it performs beautifully the entire time I use it.

naftali

Post by naftali »

Is there a pre-2 Mac binary?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The latest lua part of the mapper is available at: http://www.box.net/shared/q73zher2co

Give it a try, and please post on your experiences:

What mapper are you coming from?

What features are you missing here?

What is your general feedback on the mapper?

What new features would you like to see?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Vadi Mapper

* find <part of room name>, missing atm because there is no function. Sample output:

Code: Select all

find crossroads
[Vadi]: Rooms that match:
 (1)     Stygian crossroads.                          
 (3862)  A crossroads of sorts.                        (Southern Vashnar Mountains.)
 (657)   Crossroads within the garden.                 (Annwyn.)
 (1658)  Chapel Street near the Crossroads.            (Jaru.)
 (1661)  The Jaru Crossroads.                          (Jaru.)
 (10800) Pash Way near the Crossroads.                 (Jaru.)
 (10816) Bridge Street near the Crossroads.            (Jaru.)
 (2069)  The Crossroads.                               (Hashan.)
 (2209)  Lunar Crossroads.                             (Hashan.)
 (3620)  Crossroads in the Medina.                     (Shallam.)
 (3792)  Sulaiman Avenue Crossroads.                   (Shallam.)
 (3819)  The Crossroads of Elysia.                     (Shallam.)
 (4252)  Monastic crossroads.                          (Xhaiden Dale.)
 (5212)  Undersea Crossroads.                          (Riparium.)
 (6574)  A crossroads in Shala-khulia path.            (City of Shala-Khulia.)
 (16436) A ruined crossroads.                          (Lake Narcisse.)
 (14579) Desert crossroads.                            (Underworld.)
 (11985) Swampy crossroads.                            (village of Qurnok.)
 (13762) Mausoleum crossroads.                         (Halls of Combat.)
 (19469) Forestal crossroads.                          (Ulangi Isles.)
 (20922) Bopalopia Crossroads (road).                  (Bopalopia.)
 (15850) An icy crossroads.                            (Ilyrean Caves.)
 (21281) Crossroads in the sunken gardens.             (Parthren Gare.)
 (21640) At a crossroads.                              (Northern Vasnari Mountains.)
 (22410) Upon well-travelled crossroads.               (Lothos.)
 (24309) A corybantic crossroads.                      (Temple of Strife.)
 (24569) Crossroads between Misunderstanding and Misinterpretation. (Confusia.)
 (24517) Crossroads between Misunderstanding and Misinterpretation. (Confusia.)
Room numbers suffixed to player location messages, ie turning

Tapping into the unfathomable depths of your power, you sense that Sabiru is at A guardhouse, in Mhaldor.
into

Tapping into the unfathomable depths of your power, you sense that Sabiru is at A guardhouse, in Mhaldor. (13590)
goto <area name> as well.

Quite good and easy to follow once you get used to it, however the fact that rooms aren't coloured by enviroment type is throwing off a bit. Also the inability to move around the map with a mouse and to select individual rooms to inspect them.

Ability to have visual mouseovers/tooltips with data that you script on a room as well as on-click selections.

Mapping ability, map export/import.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Skylark wrote:I also seem to be having some stability issues; the Mudlet will occasionally crash when I first open the Mapper and every so often when I enter a new area. The area crashes seem random; no one area consistently crashes the Mapper, and it can happen during the first minute or after an hour of use. Of course, there are also times when it performs beautifully the entire time I use it.
Is it one specific room? Do you know how to use gdb?

Skylark

Post by Skylark »

The Mapper doesn't crash in one specific room or area. It seems as if whenever I enter an area that I haven't already entered during a session, there is a chance for the Mapper to crash. I frequently enter areas that have caused crashes in the past with no problem, and entering areas that have worked fine in the past occasionally leads to a crash. No rhyme or reason that I've figured out yet.

I don't even know what gdb is.

I used the mapper with ZMUD in the past.

Being able to search for rooms, being able to view different areas of the map without actually being there. Ability to edit the map manually. Ability to change the transparency settings for rooms above and below the main level.

I really like what's there. When I first saw the screenshots I thought it might be a little too visually complex, but in practice a little adjustment was all that was needed. Right now it's very basic, but other than the stability issues what has been implemented works well. I'm looking forward to the full release.

Being able to highlight rooms temporarily and being able to view different parts of the map without moving your character. So if I used a search function on a roomname and found the room in the database, I could then highlight it temporarily and view the room and its surrounding area.