Mudlet-3.0.0-kappa (preview #7) is available!

Vadi

Mudlet-3.0.0-kappa (preview #7) is available!

Post by Vadi »

Mudlet 3.0.0-kappa is here! This is the final preview release of what Mudlet 3.0 will look like and has a whole lot of fixes in it - most notable, the profile crashing issue that iota had.

[/size]

[/size]

Please provide all feedback and problem reports on 3.0.0-kappa here! Feature requests can be done in our dedicated thread.

Vadi

Re: Mudlet-3.0.0-kappa (preview #7) is available!

Post by Vadi »

Some of the feedback so far:

- "if you select multiple rooms and right mouse click and do choose "custom exit lines", does mudlet crashes" (couldn't reproduce, would be nice if someone else could try it as well)
- error dialog doesn't go away:

1) Create a new alias, default name is fine
2) Add some lua, I used echo("test")
3) Save, success!
4) Edit lua for an error, echo("test"(
5) Save, error! Both the bug icon and the error at the top
6) Correct the error, echo("test")
7) Save, mixed results. Bug icon goes away, error message across the top remains

(confirmed)

- centerview() without the map displayed Mudlet crashes (couldn't confirm)
- Upon loading mudlet 3.0.0 Kappa, my modules for m&m and stuff no longer load. I think they did initially, but now ever restarting mudlet doesn't let me reload them. so no modules when I open up any profile that has them. the relevant modules still show up in my module manager though (couldn't confirm)

Silus

Post by Silus »

Mudlet ScreenCap

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing above is a problem with Mudlet or with KDE Plasma5.9, but Mudlet is the only program that has had rendering issues. I've tried different themes, and readability is improved, but things are still buggy.

No issues with a GNOME session except that I only use it for experimentation. ;)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I think your theme is forcing a font size Mudlets dialogs aren't designed for. It's something we need to fix. How can I replicate your issue?

Silus

Post by Silus »

Vadi wrote:I think your theme is forcing a font size Mudlets dialogs aren't designed for. It's something we need to fix. How can I replicate your issue?
Start by using Plasma 5.9 latest stable using xorg-server, and the dark breeze theme. My distro is Arch, and I had installed mudlet via the AUR (mudlet-git package). I have a HiDPI screen and am scaling the display. 2560 by 1440 resolution

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Oh I think the HiDPI is the main source of the problem. Unless you're on macOS which I was told "does it right", I don't think Mudlet handles it properly in other environments. You can follow the discussion at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+bug/1652413.

Thanks for reporting it, we'll fix it!

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Thanks, i'm running kappa with my script:

Haven't noticed any problems with near-term expectations of being fixed. Is it still expected to be repackaged as 3.0-final this weekend?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

What's your script?

Yes, we're on track with a few improvements here and there on the way. I've compiled a list of 2.1 to 3.0 changes by the way here: https://gist.github.com/vadi2/6957e9161 ... 7e1163d179 if everyone could have a look and comment on anything that's unclear to them.

3.0 will be replacing 2.1 as the latest non-preview Mudlet version so would like to ensure it is the best we can make it to be!

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

http://www.torilmud.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... =4&t=25455 has some screenshots/etc

The script itself is at https://github.com/Nyyrazzilyss/NyyLIB/ ... 011dev.zip

It makes heavy use of the mapper changes SlySven made last spring.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Oh, nice!

Do you think you could upload the source xmls within your zip to github as well, so they're indexable / easier to work with on a cloned repo?