The Mudlet Crucible

guy

Re: The Mudlet Crucible

Post by guy »

Looks nice - when does the launchpad code get updated??

Caled

Post by Caled »

I'm wondering how this project is going. Launchpad being blocked in China, I ave no idea whether there is usable code etc, but I'm pretty keen to rewrite a lot of my system in the near future, since a lot of it was done in early mudlet days, not making use of many of the nice new functions and features that are included now, not to mention that I was learning lua at the time, so some of that code is a bit hideous.

I don't want to start that rewrite until the crucible is far enough along that I can at least write it in a way that will be compatible, if not using crucible itself.

Hopefully by that time I will have managed to get into launchpad (I visit home in April and will set up a vpn for myself when I do, so that when I return to China I won't have to worry about their silly firewall anymore).

Caled

Post by Caled »

Is crucible in a usable state?

What can anyone tell me about its use? (Or is the information is somewhere, point me at it?)

I've looked over the launchpad site and there doesn't seem to be much information... if there is no information and crucible is in fact in an operational state, maybe it would be a good topic for Vadi to touch on with his video thingy?

Jelloman

Post by Jelloman »

I too am curios about this, because it just sounds like such a cool idea :)

naftali

Post by naftali »

Is Ixokai still working on this at all? I was gonna start writing a system, but maybe I can help make this happen instead.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Unfortunately not, he dissapeared off the face of the community 3 years ago.

naftali

Post by naftali »

Shame. Looking over what exists on the launchpad, I'm not sure if I'd be better off figuring it out or just starting from scratch...

EDIT: Actually, I'm not even sure if Crucible was meant to be what I thought it was. It looks like his scripts start with functions to create action tables. I appreciate the need for tables, but why scripts to make them instead of doing it manually? The table for any given game is something you make once and fix/expand as needed. A script to help generate it just seems like more trouble than it's worth.