profile/package management

Caled

profile/package management

Post by Caled »

I am questioning the management of scripts common to several profiles. I never want to have more than one of these profiles open at any one time. I have two characters, and two computers. Each character is a different class, and each computer has a different monitor (laptop and PC). Some things are common to each. I have capture windows for both characters and both computers, but they may be different sizes or in different positions.

I use the same basic curing system, but there are slight differences between characters. One uses fitness to break a venomlock, and the other uses shed, for example. My main PC has a G15 keyboard, with the 18 extra macros. My laptop does not.

I do not want to use 4 separate profiles, though. If I make a change to one of the common scripts, I would then have to duplicate the change 4 times.

Question:
How do you intend that I deal with this? I am aware that I can enable and disable different parts of the one profile depending on the computer/character I am playing. I could have a script that runs on an "on connection" event, detecting my character and computer, and organising everything exactly as I want it for that particular combination.

You may have a different strategy in mind though. So that is what I would like to know.

Vadi

Re: profile/package management

Post by Vadi »

I see your point about needing to share a package (and store them as different files on disk so they're sync-friendly).

Maybe we should have it like this - make packaged be group-based. So you can add several groups to a package, and anything you create in those groups, will belong to a package. So it's all saved separately and easily exportable.