Why does Mudlet forget "windowed" size?

Tesagk

Why does Mudlet forget "windowed" size?

Post by Tesagk »

Edit: Video

Something I've found from both Mudlet 2.1 and the current 3.0e is that if I choose to "maximize" Mudlet's window, when I try to drop it back into "Restore Down" mode, it basically goes to a size similar to maximized, but movable.

I'm using Windows 10.

While not a critical issue, it's certainly frustrating, as I have to get Mudlet back to the size I want it for while in its "windowed" mode after having maximized it.

TO REPRODUCE
1. Open Mudlet
2. Maximize Mudlet
3. Close Mudlet
4. Open Mudlet and activate "window" mode.
Last edited by Tesagk on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Why does Mudlet forget "windowed" size?

Post by SlySven »

The code to track the main application window size is not as thorough as I think it can be (and the corresponding code for the editor less so - that also stores the position and size but does not notice that it could be working with multiple profiles, each with their OWN editor!) From what I recall we do not fully track the (minimised)/normal/maximised/full-screen state whilst noting the applications window size/position which may be a factor in this.

Tesagk

Post by Tesagk »

SlySven wrote:The code to track the main application window size is not as thorough as I think it can be (and the corresponding code for the editor less so - that also stores the position and size but does not notice that it could be working with multiple profiles, each with their OWN editor!) From what I recall we do not fully track the (minimised)/normal/maximised/full-screen state whilst noting the applications window size/position which may be a factor in this.
Would you consider it low priority, or?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Could you make a small video demonstrating this? It would help a lot when we get around to looking at this.

Tesagk

Post by Tesagk »

Vadi wrote:Could you make a small video demonstrating this? It would help a lot when we get around to looking at this.
aaaannnd now it's not replicating. Love self-fixing problems ;)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

OK, good it's fixed. Would be better to know for certain what is happening - if it'll come up, make that video - it already looks like a tricky problem.

Tesagk

Post by Tesagk »

Finally got proof Video Evidence