Removing vanilla profiles

tincan

Removing vanilla profiles

Post by tincan »

Is it possible to remove the profiles that come with the game? Or at least, put mine as default, or up at the top?
I cannot remove any with the remove feature, and moving the little tiles around doesn't stay.

I've found a few older posts (about two years old) that suggest this was not a possibility, and I haven't found anything contradicting it. So, is it indeed the same today? Or is there some hack I can fiddle with?
I explored some files in my "profile" on windows [running Win 10] and deleted everything that wasn't my custom stuff in .config/mudlet [which seems to be the only folder I can find of note], to no avail.
I was sane once. I got better.

chrio

Re: Removing vanilla profiles

Post by chrio »

From what I could see the profiles are hardcoded and are added to the list before any of your profiles are loaded into the list. I don't know it there is an easy way to change that behaviour.

If you can compile mudlet from source, you can stop some or all of the default muds from appearing by editing src/dlgConnectionProfiles.cpp and comment out the muds you don't want inside the function dlgConnectionProfiles::fillout_form() (I found them somewhere around line 859-998 in that file)

tincan

Post by tincan »

Ah, okay, thanks. I use Windows, and am not too savvy on compiling and all that stuff... I always just assume Windows doesn't have code I can piddle with.
I have a netbook I run Debian and Mudlet on, but I really don't mess with much there (no time). I'll just suffer through the logins. :)
I was sane once. I got better.

chrio

Post by chrio »

Hehe, yeah, it's not really time-effective to make a setup for compiling mudlet from source just to save some screenspace when selecting the mud in the list - but it could be worth doing it just for fun if you like tweaking stuff though. :)

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

I'm actually looking at the code for this right at this moment in regard to nuking Midkemia (as that is now defunct) so, watch this space...!