Extreme slowdowns with setRoomArea/resetRoomArea

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Nyyrazzilyss

Re: Extreme slowdowns with setRoomArea/resetRoomArea

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

I don't -think- i'm running in a debug build, though it's possible. I'm compiling with minimal changes to src.pro the tree from

https://github.com/SlySven/Mudlet/tree/ ... et_updated

In addition to myself, someone else with an osx system has also compiled that particular tree + running my script with it. Neither of us are running into any errors.

I can't speak to other muds/scripts packages, however, as far as mines concerned i'd probably have to see the changes i'm talking about now (with edge finding, hiding the default area) as something for a different commit. For this one, +1 and merge it :)

Thanks again btw! Previously I couldn't pass 15k rooms in a map without running into major slowdowns. I'd split everything into multiple maps, and this let me merge everything back to a single map (40k rooms) with no end user speed issues :)

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

OK, you now have a setDefaultAreaVisible( bool ) lua command - and a checkbox on "Profile Preferences"=>"Special Options". The default is with this set so the "Default Area" does show in the control - however it is NOT saved between sessions and cannot be changed until there is a map display created. Before then the control is hidden on the profile preferences and using the lua command will produce a "false" return value. After there is a mapper (even if it is a dock-widget one and is currently hidden) the lua command will act straight away to refresh the control on the mapper if the setting has changed and will return a "true" value.

This change is incorporated in commit-b2868509 (development) and commit-20fcf494 (release_30).

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Thanks! That sounds like what i'd be looking for. I'll download/compile. After I create the mapper (not prior to) just place a call setDefaultAreaVisible(false)?

I'm not concerned that the user could go into settings and re-enable it - If they want to change the settings and start looking through the code, they're more then welcome to. I just didn't want confusing/unused things showing up on the screen (with my script) - I'm sure there's other scripts out there using the unassigned area in a completely different way, and having that area listed in the map would be a good thing for them.

(edit)

Compiled, and working just fine - No more mention of default area on my mapper :)