Sound working on Win10 Mudlet from latest source

Nyyrazzilyss

Re: Sound working on Win10 Mudlet from latest source

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Sake wrote:
Nyyrazzilyss wrote:I uploaded a zip file containing the Qt 5.3.2 DLLs to my github.

https://github.com/Nyyrazzilyss/NyyLIB/ ... dpatch.zip
Using these DLLs on the latest Mudlet 3.0.0 Delta on Windows 7 does not work. The program just crashes as soon as I try to start it up. I just put the DLLs in the instructed place, overwriting the existing ones.
32 or 64bit btw? I'm not sure if that would even make a difference, or what problems might come into play on windows 7 vs 10 - I'm running a 64bit windows 10. Uninstalling/reinstalling Mudlet btw should replace the dlls that have been overwritten.

Sake

Post by Sake »

64 bit Windows 7. I did do a re-install to get Mudlet going again. Thanks for looking into this bug, sound triggers are one of those things that are very nice to have.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Unsure, and also might be a bit difficult for me at least to figure out (I don't have a Windows 7 system anymore).

I just doublechecked - I removed 3.0-delta completely, then reinstalled it. Sound didn't work. I then extracted the dll files into the mudlet directory, and re-ran mudlet - Sound worked.

I would have thought it would have identical effects on Windows 7, but maybe not :(

Jayden

Post by Jayden »

Replacing those DLLs with the Qt 5.3.2 ones did not work for me. Windows 10 x64, Mudlet 3.0.0-delta. Fresh install, default profiles. Replaced Qt DLLs with ones from the ZIP in this thread. Trying open Mudlet gives basically nothing. No indication that it's even trying to load past a quick 'busy' cursor, no error messages or anything.

Did you mean to include Qt5Multimedia.dll? That one's present in the Mudlet folder, but isn't present in soundpatch.zip. I'll actually get off my rear and install Qt 5.3.2 and poke at it, I guess. :geek:

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

dicene wrote: In the following section, I also had to rename -llua51 to -llua to get the make to complete.

Also, Boost 1.45 wasn't working, and from what I read it seemed like that is an incompatibility with C++11. I ended up installing Boost 1.60 over top of 1.45, leaving the old 1.45 files because when I tried 1.60 only, some important files were missing. Sloppy, but that fixed those issues.
I think i've escaped dll hell now, and have a compile + lua almost complete. I've got everything almost working, except I need to deal with the libzip thing.

Changing llua51 to llua probably isn't the best idea - It might pick up -A- lua library, but not necessarily the correct one.

In lua-5.1.5/Makefile change the below line:

TO_LIB= liblua.a

and replace it with

TO_LIB= liblua.a lua51.dll

This created the lua51.dll library, and (Appears! Maybe? Hopefully!) to have fixed most of my lua issues. I also added c:\mingw32\lib to path, and that fixed problems with luarocks installing (without installing its own version of lua)

In the mudlet src directory, I edited src/src.pro, and under INCLUDEPATH += I changed the boost line to point to boost_1_60_0, instead of the previous version.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Jayden wrote:Replacing those DLLs with the Qt 5.3.2 ones did not work for me. Windows 10 x64, Mudlet 3.0.0-delta. Fresh install, default profiles. Replaced Qt DLLs with ones from the ZIP in this thread. Trying open Mudlet gives basically nothing. No indication that it's even trying to load past a quick 'busy' cursor, no error messages or anything.

Did you mean to include Qt5Multimedia.dll? That one's present in the Mudlet folder, but isn't present in soundpatch.zip. I'll actually get off my rear and install Qt 5.3.2 and poke at it, I guess. :geek:
That's actually quite possible, and would be indirectly related to the problem I ran into with getting lua to work after compiling - I had the wrong lua dll getting picked up from my path. When I created that zipfile, I just put the dll's in it that were listed on the windows 7 compile instructions, that didn't include Qt5Multimedia. It's more then possible that was supposed to be there, and it's just getting loaded on my machine since it's in my path. I'll take a look at it again tomorrow with a new install of mudlet, but i'll uninstall Qt 5.3.2. You've got the same setup I do (win 10 x64), so it's got to be picking up a different library from the Qt install instead of the shipped ones.

dicene

Post by dicene »

Got the compiled Mudlet working 100%. The last few issues I had were with getting libzip working(followed the instructions here: forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5685&p=24429#p24429) and an issue with sqlite3 which took me forever to figure out(was missing the libsqlite3-0.dll file from my mudlet directory >_>). Now Mudlet is loading the lua stuff properly, and I can even load my profiles without crashes. =D

Not sure how much else needs to be done/installed on someone else's pc to get it installed, but here's what my finished release folder looks like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr1ttaks22yt3 ... v.zip?dl=0

If I still have an old Win7 install on my old hard drive, I might try and see what is required to get it running on there from a clean install. We'll see.

Edit 1: Update with a new zip that has more required files included. Should be enough to get it running. Thing is, the sound isn't working on other people's computers. So it IS the latest version of Mudlet from source, but the sound still isn't working because (I am assuming) I'm failing to find some file that qtMultimedia.dll is dependent on. Weird stuff(or, I might just not understand what I'm looking at). Either way, works fine on my primary install of Windows(Win10 x64 for reference) now, so that was my primary concern. Now I get to try my hand at adding a CTRL+S shortcut to save alias/trigger/timer/key/button/script stuff so I don't have to click the Save button every time I edit the script. I really want to be able to just tab back and forth and not touch my mouse. =D

If anyone has any ideas on what I could be missing from my install, feel free to suggest things. I'd love to get this working for other people too.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

dicene wrote: If anyone has any ideas on what I could be missing from my install, feel free to suggest things. I'd love to get this working for other people too.
For the same reason, i've removed the soundpatch.zip file i'd posted until I can figure out what dll i'd not included in it.
I'll try again with Qt/MingW both uninstalled, though that probably won't help if i've got something that was loaded into the system path. Looking like i'll probably have to setup a vanilla machine to test on.

It works though! Making it work for someone else also might take a bit :P There's a few minor changes i'd like to make to the mudlet source myself but I think the first patch is going to be changing the Makefile to properly support Windows :) I really should also (now that i've built successfully) try building again on Qt 5.6

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

dicene wrote:...So it IS the latest version of Mudlet from source, but the sound still isn't working because (I am assuming) I'm failing to find some file that qtMultimedia.dll is dependent on. Weird stuff(or, I might just not understand what I'm looking at)...
Is Dependency Walker (the Windows equivalent to *nix systems ldd) any use to find that missing .dll ?

dicene

Post by dicene »

I actually found that program last night while having that issue. I checked on qtMultimedia.dll and there weren't any surprise dependencies that I saw. Mostly pulling from things like msvcrt and kernel32. I'll play with it again in my QT-less Windows install to see if I can figure out what I'm missing, but if that doesn't work out, I'll end up installing QT and trying it again, and hopefully I'll be able to identify what files outside of the QT install folder are being updated by the QT install or any files that the working Mudlet is pulling from the QT install that I haven't thought to copy into the Mudlet directory(and I have tried copying over a TON of QT dlls that I thought might be related).