about chinese display

sjinny

about chinese display

Post by sjinny »

chinese could be displayed correctly in the input line. but the text from mud server can't by displayed correctly in the output area.
you can try one chinese mud here:
cnc2.pkuxkx.net 8081
i wish could use mudlet for chinese mud sooner because lua ... :mrgreen:
display.png
display.png (40.38 KiB) Viewed 12646 times

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: about chinese display

Post by Heiko »

This will be fixed soon.

superxx

Post by superxx »

Is there an outlook when it can be fixed? I'm waiting for it to move to this new MUD client.
I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 with English locale, but want to display Chinese.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

As I don't speak Chinese I need a bit of help to adjust the display.
Currently, it looks like this:
Bildschirmfoto1.png

superxx

Post by superxx »

Looks correct in this screenshot. Is it 1.0.5? I'm running that version on ubuntu 9.10. Anything I need to configure? I can help with some testing if it is helpful.

superxx

Post by superxx »

Looked at the screen shot more carefully, the Chinese characters are displayed correctly, but the distance between characters are too short, I can see some overlaps. Not sure if it is because Chinese is double byte and needs more room to display.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I've made all glyphs in the unicode range 4E00-9FCB which i suppose is the CJK page that contains all Asian glyphs to display as double byte characters. I need to know what other chars are expected to have this behaviour see screenshot #3. I've tried different Linux terminals and all of them display things differently - at least for my uneducated eyes.
Bildschirmfoto-5.png
Bildschirmfoto3.png
Bildschirmfoto4.png

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Triggers and Lua scripting with Chinese characters has been implemented now and it works as far as I can tell. Screenshot shows a highlighter trigger + Lua echo with Chinese characters.
Bildschirmfoto.png

superxx

Post by superxx »

It looks encouraging. The problem I saw is the space between characters is bigger than expected. I attached the screenshot copied from tintin++ under Ubuntu 9.10. It is from Gnome-term and I have to select GB2312 as encoding to make sure it display correctly.

Is there a way I can get a beta drop so that I can try from my side?
Attachments
pku.png

superxx

Post by superxx »

Just noticed that the latest 1.1.0 came out last week.
Downloaded and installed on my Ubuntu 9.10 (English). Seems the Chinese display is still having issue and all are displayed as garbage. Is there any setting I need to be care of? Or have to wait for another release?
Appreciate all the help and looking for the version can work in the language environment.