Mudlet 3.0.0-delta (preview #4)

xabre

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-delta (preview #4)

Post by xabre »

If anyone had issues compiling Delta with latest versions of Qt (5.4 and 5.5), there's a simple fix, just two sed lines:

Code: Select all

sed -i '/#include <QString>/ a #include <QDataStream>' ActionUnit.h
    sed -i '/#include <QTime>/ a #include <QDataStream>' ctelnet.h
Same works with Git version.

MixKCet

Post by MixKCet »

Has a solution been found to the weird dictionary issue on Windows 7? In case nobody is aware, it isn't that the dictionary is missing for the spellcheck functionality. It just doesn't pick up on A LOT of really common words, so I suspect it might be some sort of parsing issue.

reyl

Post by reyl »

Works really well for me so far under Mavericks, just one thing – what's the story regarding retina displays? I know there was a thread about it years and years ago, and as far as I can tell everything has now been made retina-compatible EXCEPT for the main window text. Is retina text in the main view a thing that's going to happen? I know it's probably not a priority but it would look amazing (and probably conducive to long-term eyeball health). Is there anything I can do to help make it happen? Or to selfishly get it working for myself, at least?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I don't think there's been any work on the main window text yet - if you could lend a help, that'd be appreciated.

Neisklar

Post by Neisklar »

Is there any chance to get (at least for Mac) another preview binary with the resize issue fix included?

I'm currently just to stupid to compile it on my one, maybe some conflicts between former usage of macports and the brew system.

I would really appreciate.

In the current preview i also stumbled over the setBorderX() functions. It seams that setting a border cause the raising of a sysWindowResizeEvent, which not only makes no sense (since the main windows is not resized), but also prevents it from using it in one of most useful places: an event handler for the sysWindowResizeEvent, resulting in an endlessloop until a stack overflow in the interpreter occours.

Slayd

Post by Slayd »

Has there been any movement on the problem with delta on Mac? I believe someone mentioned the problem was with 3rd party software used (Qt?). I note that Qt 5.5 has been released. Did this solve the problem.

I have tried in the past to compile mudlet myself and was steered towards using the binary at that time. It looks like someone posted earlier tips for compiling with Qt5.4/Qt5.5. Does this solve any of the outstanding problems on OS X mudlet3.0.0-delta?

This is my long-winded attempt to give the recent Neisklar post a +1

azuriolinist

Post by azuriolinist »

When using deleteLine(), the previous line is repeated in the log file. I'm not sure if this is a version-specific problem, just pointing it out. Makes for quite messy logs. Other than that, it looks pretty good!

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

The deleteLine() bug is a known issue - which I personally haven't got around to - I don't know if any other developer has investigated it in detail but it is apparently related to using the isPrompt() at the same time. I had an idea that it is related to lines that do not end with a LF which means that, technically, the line has not been "finished" and could still be modified (by the use of backspace/del/clear commands from the MUD Server sending out that line) but I may have grabbed the wrong stick there, let alone the wrong end of the right one... :?

Zaphob

Post by Zaphob »

When I press ALT + R to Reconnect, it will only work as expected, if the menu bar is shown. If the menu bar is not shown, then the keyboard shortcut will not work anymore. Unfortunately, for new profiles, the menu bar is not shown.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Is the tool-bar still showing (there is some logic to ensure that at least one of them is showing at start-up at the start of the Mudlet application itself) - then you can get to the preference dialogue to re-enable the menu-bar...?

Edit: I've been looking around the menu bar for other reasons recently and I spotted that the short-cuts are part of the actual menu-bar construct so it seems it has to be active (menubar displayed) to work...