Mapper subwindow size?

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Nyyrazzilyss

Mapper subwindow size?

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

I'm having some issues with the size/placement of the windows opened by the mapper - They all seem to be in the top left hand corner, and partially off the screen. Am I missing something?
Attachments
maperror.jpg

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Mapper subwindow size?

Post by SlySven »

How many monitors do you have? :D

Seriously though, it looks as though, somehow, your window manager is remembering where previous instances of a window was placed and is reusing them. If you can <Alt>-<Tab> to the offending window {if you are lucky you will get a different icon for each of Mudlet's sub-widows} with your keyboard you ought to then be able to bring up the window's (or actually, dialogue's ) context menu with <Alt>-<Space> and then press 'M' (for move) to use the cursor keys to bring it back on screen so that when you "Save" it the new position should be saved. If that doesn't work then please report back and I'll try to reproduce it and dig further...

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Just a single monitor.

I dragged/resized slightly from a corner of the window, and when I released the mouse it dropped the window in the top left corner, but 100% on screen. I then dragged it to the middle of the screen. Closing the window and re-opening it though, it moved back to the topleft corner, partially off the screen.

Windows 7 / 3.0-delta btw

Zaphob

Post by Zaphob »

Confirm same issue Win7 / 3.0 delta, but not happening every time. Not sure how to reproduce. Abovementioned workaround seems to work.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Well window placement is not entirely within the remit of the Mudlet application itself - on *nix systems (and probably on Macs as well) there is usually a Window Manager that sits between the X server and the applications and it is responsible for placement of each window after taking instructions from those applications as to what they want done with their Windows/Dialogues. Windows, the OS, seems to have Desktop Window Manager (which I just found out in 8 and above forces 32-bit colour modes only and composition to always be active) so if DWM is messing things up as well - you have my sympathies... :?