[Feature Request] POST request support

Sanaki

[Feature Request] POST request support

Post by Sanaki »

I found myself looking at the pastebin API earlier and realized currently Mudlet doesn't seem to support sending POST requests to servers. From what I'm seeing from the first result of a cursory search, this could be incorporated easily by adding an optional argument to downloadFile. The pastebin API in particular specifically requires UTF-8 encoding as well, which I'm not entirely sure if is an issue currently or not. Assuming there isn't a reason this is particularly difficult or undesirable, it should be a quick modification in the same code block as the user-agent fix.

I'm not honestly sure how many other purposes this would actually benefit, but I assume there are other relevant APIs requiring POST rather than GET as well.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: [Feature Request] POST request support

Post by SlySven »

The UTF-8 would be a niggle as we are slowly working our way through the Lua subsystem and opening up the previously purely ASCII channels between that and the main application - and there are some major coding to be done elsewhere to handle sending and receiving such data streams from a MUD server. I have noted the user-agent fix and put it on my pile to look at if no-one else does... Just so we don't lose track could you log this on the bug-tracker?

Sanaki

Re: [Feature Request] POST request support

Post by Sanaki »

Yeah, I'm aware of the UTF-8 issue in general, I wasn't sure if it would apply here or not. I'm just running through for now, but when I get more than a passing moment I'll submit it properly. I have a few other esoteric bugs I ran into recently that need submission as well, once I finish nailing down their behavior.

EDIT: Submitted here, along with a nasty gauge bug. If a bug wasn't the proper format for a feature request submission, let me know and I'd be happy to fix it. I'm rather unfamiliar with launchpad in a practical sense.