Installing a package makes the package appear multiple times

Filion

Installing a package makes the package appear multiple times

Post by Filion »

When I install a package on my package manager, it appears once for every different content it has. For example if the package has aliases and scripts, it will appear twice and if it has triggers it will appear thrice. it is not a big of a problem, but it does get spammy if I load many packages. How can I fix that?

ezmodius

Re: Installing a package makes the package appear multiple t

Post by ezmodius »

I'm having this same issue. What is the current recommended procedure for creating a package? I followed the manual but it does not work: "Save Package As" just saves triggers and nothing else. You also can't create a profile and "connect" to it without giving server details (despite the documentation's claim otherwise). The only thing that seems to work is exporting each entity (e.g. Triggers), putting them in a zip with the config.lua naming the package, but as Filion said: this causes multiple entries in the package manager all with the same name.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

The preferred method (for me, at least) is using the package exporter from the toolbox menu. You simply click the settings you want it to contain, and then export it.

You can also move the files out of the imported 'folder' and then remove the package from the package manager.

ezmodius

Post by ezmodius »

What I ended up doing to deal with this was:

Export each thing I want in turn (e.g. triggers). Once I had them all exported, I created a new package file and individually copied the separate exported data into the file. Each file has the package tags, followed by tags specific to the setting that was exported (e.g. <AliasPackage>). If you cut these out and move them into the main package file you end up with one big package that behaves correctly on import.