Mudlet 3.0.0-gamma (preview #3)

Vadi

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-gamma (preview #3)

Post by Vadi »

That's a good point. Not in 3.0 as that won't be getting any new features, we are only fixing issues (and adding features adds issues) but we'll consider it for later use.

Meanwhile you can use http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Lua_Fun ... getBgColor and http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Lua_Fun ... getFgColor in your scripts to check text for its more complete colours.

Urswick

Post by Urswick »

Experiencing the same script overwriting issue, for lack of a better term, as Dicene

dicene

Post by dicene »

As a slight addendum to my last post in this thread, the issue causing Mudlet to CTD when double clicking on the timestamp also seems to occur in some manner when just clicking the far left region of the main scrollback. I have had it occur more than once now without even having the timestamp view on. For reference I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Splork

Post by Splork »

Our players mostly backed up to 2.1 due to the scripts disappearing bug. It was said to have been fixed in the gamma but the recent comments at Bug Report looks like it has not.

It looks like there is a 3.0.1-dev release?

Any updates regarding the issue?

Thanks,

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

There isn't a 3.0.1-dev release, and the issue is present in gamma that manifests itself through navigation using search.

Phazeus

Post by Phazeus »

Hello. I has install icu librares 5.2 version (my distro uses more nevest 5.4 default) and got new error on startup client:
./mudlet: symbol lookup error: /home/tux/mudlet-3.0.0-gamma/bin/libQt5Core.so.5: undefined symbol: u_strToUpper_52
openSUSE Tumbleweed, x86_64, actual updated. Please, help to start native Linux client :)
Thanx!

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

I just recently found a problem with the getColorWildcard function. When there is a single character of one color, before the color changes again, it returns the entire rest of the line as being the given color.

I made a simple function to loop through all the different color codes and capture and display the results. Here is an example showing the problem:

#15. [28 Human Skd] (AL) Onoc, the wandering minstrel
{
false,
false,
false,
false,
false,
false,
false,
false,
false,
false,
false,
false,
{
"(AL) Onoc, the wandering minstrel ",
") Onoc, the wandering minstrel "
},
{
"AL"
},
{
"#15"
},
{
". [28 Human Skd] ",
" Onoc, the wandering minstrel "
}
}

In the captured line, the parentheses are a different color from the text inside them, and you can see the result. This issue is apparently a standing issue from previous versions, as I discovered it in 2.1, and then tested it in 3.0 gamma and got the same result.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Okay. Not something we'll address in 3.0 as we're trying to square off only the new issues introduced and finalise it, but it will be something for the next release.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

It was a very easy fix. I posted a corrected version in the development forum.

Phazeus

Post by Phazeus »

Here like it works in kmuddy, for example:
http://itmages.ru/image/view/2181230/be2ee68e
This is not hard, just using iconv layer :)