Content of Scripts / Aliases / Triggers Vanishing

DarkArtist

Content of Scripts / Aliases / Triggers Vanishing

Post by DarkArtist »

This is a really mysterious problem that is baffling me ever since installing the new beta version.

Occasionally an alias or script or trigger will cease working and when I look it up, it is still listed and active, but blank.

For example my alias for casting the gate spell, very simple alias that I've been using for 2 years:
pattern ^gate (.*)
send("cast 'gate' "..matches[2])
lastSpell="gate"

just blanked itself out for no reason.

Also a simple trigger for attacking a mob, and even a simple table definition:
goodJars={"bubbly","cloudy","milky"}

None of these scripts are new, ran them for long time on old version of mudlet with no problem. When I rewrite and save them they are fine again.

I can't determine the pattern of when this happens, it seems totally random to me. There's no crash or anything involved, I simply go to use something and it's not there anymore, just blankness in it's place.

Any suggestions? It's weird to me that such a serious bug would only affect me and no one else. What other information can I post to help track down the problem?

Much thanks and love to mudlet development team.

keneanung
Site Admin
Discord: keneanung#2803

Re: Content of Scripts / Aliases / Triggers Vanishing

Post by keneanung »

This is a known problem with the alpha and beta build (for example here http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... =10#p21774 or multiple comments after that). But the devs are working on it

DarkArtist

Re: Content of Scripts / Aliases / Triggers Vanishing

Post by DarkArtist »

Ah thanks. I guess I jump back to 2.1 cuz it driving me nuts.