Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

Slayd

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

Post by Slayd »

Interesting, fun fact. No matter what size I make the application window, or what size I make the mapper window, getMainConsoleWidth() always returns the constant value, 909. Verified after numerous reboots.

Even more interesting, Mudlet 2.1 returns the same number constant, 909, no matter how the window is resized

Is Console here some virtual console that has no relationship to the size of the window of the Mudlet application? Is 909 the new 42?

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

There is no new 42 :D
Mapper of Bedlam

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

It's correct - it is based on your word wrap width setting.

Slayd

Post by Slayd »

Ok. Thanks, Vadi!

ktiedt

Post by ktiedt »

just chiming in that the really annoying random window size change bug does still seem rather prevalent in OS X...

I also tried rearranging the profiles in the connect window... it seems they are draggable but do not snap to a grid? Nor do they attempt to adjust when you try to move one profile before another... Seems like a logical expectation based on previous drag and drop interactions in applications...

Also would be awesome to get rid of the whole "Type this name again to delete" and maybe just add some less annoying way to confirm deletes (For example, if I am attempting to delete a pre-defined profile... Once I start typing the name it blanks out and since I dont actually know the name of that profile that I care nothing about... It may take several attempts to get the name exactly like it was in the box.

Looking forward to testing more of 3.0 but the resizing window issue was making it nye impossible to really go through anything tonight... Hopefully in the next release it will be fixed and easier to test :)

Excited to see a new release, cant wait to see more of it!

[Edit]
Also noticed I had to disable my app security settings because the Beta app is unsigned now...
Last edited by ktiedt on Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

"Type this name again to delete" is a good feature to prevent you from deleting stuff accidentally - deletion is non-reversible, it's gone forever. You can't delete the predefined profiles at the moment anyhow.

ktiedt

Post by ktiedt »

Vadi wrote:"Type this name again to delete" is a good feature to prevent you from deleting stuff accidentally - deletion is non-reversible, it's gone forever. You can't delete the predefined profiles at the moment anyhow.
I'm not saying make it instant delete... but relying on retyping something that vanishes as soon as you start typing it is not very high on the usability charts...

Didnt see your response, I also just edited my last post to include the lack of signing for the OSX app

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I don't see why, the focus just shifts to the delete button once you have fully typed out the profile name, instead of making you type it out then shift the focus. It doesn't vanish as soon as you start typing at all, you have to type in the full name of the profile. Are you experiencing something different here?

Mudlet was never signed on OSX and won't in the foreseeable future, OSX does not accept any certificates other the ones that Apple issues that they force you to pay for ($100 to sign up to their developer program from which you can then obtain the certs). This is remarkably different from other operating systems which use the global trust network.

ktiedt

Post by ktiedt »

I was referring to the name in the input box disappearing when you focus the box, but I just noticed the name is also in the gray title bar (just doesnt stand out too well)

As for the signing, I swore it was before, but maybe I disabled the security and back on again... It has been awhile since I had to install it previously ;)

Swal

Post by Swal »

Can any of you get the playSoundFile working? Was fine in 2.1, then after upgrade my mud went quiet. Tried mp3 and wav files. After unsuccessful attempts at playing them, moved them to root of "D" partition, no luck there either.