Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

Slayd

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

Post by Slayd »

I'm seeing the application change size (go from an expanded size down to the original size as startup) whenever I click on the mapper button to open the map. I'm also seeing in happen randomly as I am entering text at the command line...normally a long text string, not on simple mud commands/aliases.

May I enter a feature request on this thread.

The font size in the editors is not large enough for me. In 2.1, the problem seemed to be localized to the box where I would enter an alias regex expression. With the beta, I'm seeing the smaller font size in the script box as well.

My feature request: Give us a way to adjust the fonts in the editor

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I'm guessing you're on OSX - both of the issues are known. The second is a bug, for some reason happens on OSX only.

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

installed on a laptop with windows XP x86 running service pack 2. when opened, I get this error

Mudlet.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point sprintf_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll.

is this a file that's corrupted in the installer, or is that a windows .dll that I'm missing?

only reason I ask is because on my work desktop computer, which has win7 x64, the installer.exe has the mudlet badge icon, but on my XP laptop, it's a blank white square.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Don't think XP is supported.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Actually the last XP x86 is SP3 and that was a big one - the windows update site still should offer all the updates needed to bring you up to date (I think the .NET framework went from 3 to 4 at least) - and you will get the penultimate (?) update which is the April one to tell you nicely that XP is Dead. There was a security update after that and I think you may still get the regular monthly anti-malware one but that may not actually do anything new.

Of course you could resize your partitions and install an OS that will be more than willing to make use of the less than bleeding edge hardware you have - the machine I type this one is a dual-boot Windows XP / Debian Wheezy and it hasn't booted into the former for months now...!

Damaris

Post by Damaris »

Huh, I just came to post about the XP issue, I found out myself trying to install it on the machine of a friend who still uses XP. 2.1 does support XP, it seems like 3.0 would be able to quite easily by including or linking to the functions in VC++ redistributables, or simply by statically linking in the MSVCRT.DLL with which Mudlet is being developed. Most applications deal with the MSVCRT issue by just using the appropriately installed redistributable with the functions available, like MSVCR80.DLL or whatever.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Asking the obvious, does your friend plan on getting off an unsupported OS?

It wasn't that simple as you make it out to be which is why it didn't happen.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Humm, according to Qt Windows XP builds with Qt libraries is supported by MSVC 2008 but not later compilers in that series but I have a horrid suspicion that we use C++11 standard stuff which I do not know if that handles. It is possible that a Qt Mingw setup could build Mudlet with the latest Qt libs for XP platform but Windows builds is not an area I currently have any experience on. :sad:

xabre

Post by xabre »

Qt5 for Windows also builds with SSE2 enabled by default. At least official Qt5 for Windows builds, not sure how it works in Mingw. Also am not sure how old computer actually is, but XP might indicate an older hardware. Worth checking imo.

valaria

Post by valaria »

I tried to keybinding to no modifier+C, it won't work at all. I tried unbind it and bind it again.. It's happening the same. :?: Is there a solution to this problem?