Mudlet 3.0.0-alpha

Delrayne

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-alpha

Post by Delrayne »

Honestly, I don't know...Just downloaded a new one cause it told me to, and it didn't show up anywhere in my profile.

Edit: I even ran a file search for 'map.dat' and it didn't turn up anything new.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Alright now I'm a bit confused, you said "forcing you to select the map file you just downloaded before it can be used" - so you didn't actually do that then?

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

Well, it's a strange situation...I downloaded the map earlier, and there was nothing..so I went back to the old map. Got the echo saying a new blah blah download and click here to remove reminder, so I went to download again. After downloading there was no file for the time I had just downloaded, but the one I downloaded earlier that wasn't there, was now there....I don't know man, it's just wierd.

Edit: might have something to do with me closing mudlet down maybe, to open it up in GDB?

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

Ok, I just closed mudlet, and re-opened it and viola my latest map file is in the 'Map' folder in my profile. So something with the download isn't saving it to my profile until after I close mudlet. I'd imagine that if I didn't choose to save profile upon exiting it wouldn't be there.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yes - that's how it works, it saves the map file in there when it shuts down. That is expected and correct and the same in 2.1.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I've fiddled with the search box a bunch but couldn't get it to crash. If you guys could work out the list of steps to make it crash, that would be super-awesome.

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

The search box is random for me as well so it'll be hard to recreate, I'll see what I can do though. As far as the map goes though. When I download it, the actual map window is just a black box with the room info at the top, that info changes as I change room, but no map is displayed. So something is getting lost in translation during the download process.

Edit: Also noticed then when opening mudlet up in GDB:

Starting program: /usr/bin/mudlet mudlet
Got object file from memory but can't read symbols: File truncated.
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for linux-gate.so.1.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?

It still opens and runs, so not sure if that's an issue or not.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

I recall an issue with a segfault with the search box going back a while now. Two years, maybe? Possible regression, perhaps?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That's OK Delrayne.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Is anyone else getting the black cover-up on buttons in Mudlet like in http://ge.tt/7TG9jiz1/v/0 ? I also can't quite remember if it happens in 2.1 - I don't think it did.