Mudlet 3.0.0-alpha

Cail

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-alpha

Post by Cail »

Sorry about that. The Mudlet 3.0.0 alpha (Windows) link on http://www.mudlet.org/download/ . The first time I try it seems to download until the end when I get a "Failed - Download error" message. When I try after that I get a No Data received (ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE) message. This is using chrome.

When I try with IE I just get the page can't be displayed error.

With Firefox I get, "The connection was reset while trying to load the page."

It's an odd issue. I will wait a while and try with firefox initially to see if I get any better results. Worst case I can try on another machine.

Edit:
So I tried on one of the XP machines at work and was able to download it with no problem. I then tried transferring it to my Windows 7 machine and it appears to go fine but at the end of the transfer the file is removed. I also transferred it to an external hard drive. Plugged it in and tried to run the installer from my external drive and got a file not found error and the file was deleted from the external drive. Not sure if Windows thinks the file is corrupt or what. I've not had this issue with any other files and just tried with some others, it seems to just be the mudlet 3.0.0 alpha windows file.

Zaphob

Post by Zaphob »

Whatever it is, it is clearly only happening on this one machine of yours. Try asking your local computer wizard for help. When I try download here, it works just fine, also on Win 7.

Cail

Post by Cail »

Zaphob wrote:Whatever it is, it is clearly only happening on this one machine of yours. Try asking your local computer wizard for help. When I try download here, it works just fine, also on Win 7.
Unfortunately, I am the local computer wizard (software engineer and IT in a small office). I'm going to keep digging around to try to figure out what the problem is just didn't want to not mention it if it was a bigger issue than just my machine.

Weird that it's just that one file, I've even been able to download 2.1 with no problems and the source release was fine (testing to see if it was only files directly from mudlet.org I was having trouble with).

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, I can't say I can confirm this issue on any of my machines. It seems like something on your end could be interrupting something, but if you get any more details, please let us know - happy to fix whatever it is on our side.

Drevarr

Post by Drevarr »

@Cail, I had the same issue on any of my machines that had Avast antivirus loaded, it would fail and then quarantine the file due to their generic Win32:Evo-gen model.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Oh. Maybe signing the windows installer, something I'm working on, would help.

Cail

Post by Cail »

Drevarr wrote:@Cail, I had the same issue on any of my machines that had Avast antivirus loaded, it would fail and then quarantine the file due to their generic Win32:Evo-gen model.
You found more information than I did. I figured out it was avast and specifically the file system shield but not what actually caused it. I got it fixed for me but hopefully signing or something will help for anyone else. I forgot I had gaming mode on so I don't get pop-ups.

That specific threat seems to have a lot of complaints of false positives lately. It sounds like it may be more of an avast issue but that won't help users of mudlet and it sucks to have to rely on avast to fix the issue.

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

Couple things I've found, apparently the copy() function as it stands gets cut off at 80 characters even with a wrap width of zero and letting mudlet handle the wrapping. There is a work around that you have to add to your function using copy() but I didn't make it, and as such can't tell you much about it.

I've also had mudlet crash from using the bottom right search box.

YATCO resizes anytime the command line expands to more than one line, causing a portion of the container to be displayed outside the screen. So this may be a Geyser issue rather than an actual mudlet issue.

I've also had a couple times where things would quote unquote freeze up but not really. You couldn't type in the command line, output from the mud would stop, but you could still open up triggers, aliases, etc...but couldn't edit them or save profile to prevent data loss. Upon trying to close you would have to force quit.

The machine I run is archlinux 32-bit.

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

Also, when you download a new map from from settings it saves it in the wrong place, forcing you to select the map file you just downloaded before it can be used.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Where does it download it for you?