Define English word plugin

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Rakon

Define English word plugin

Post by Rakon »

I'm not the smartest guy at time, and I have to look up words from conversations often. I wrote a quick plugin to help get the definition of a word in game.

Syntax:
define <word>

I cannot promise the API for Google won't change, or that the word you want to find will actually be found, but for now it's working pretty well.

Also posted on ire mud scripts posting. Would appreciate the comments here, and there.
Attachments
define.mpackage
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 444 times

Akaya

Re: Define English word plugin

Post by Akaya »

Now this is cool! I will use this often. Good work!

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

could the same idea be used with google translate as well?

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

It probably could, yes. I have not tested such. I'll research adding in translate functionality.

Edit:

Google translate API is a paid service. So, not going to be adding in that functionality. There are some other ways to scrape the translate information, but not reliably.

chris

Post by chris »

Thanks for this. It makes me want to add custom right click hooks for the general mud screen now (similar to the mapper hooks I made). I think a hover (word hilited, hover and it fires a sysHoverEvent type thing), double left click (sysEventDoubleLeftClick can hook to auto-attack, etc.), and a right click menu similar to the mapper would be good.

Any comments/suggestions let me know.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

chris wrote:Thanks for this. It makes me want to add custom right click hooks for the general mud screen now (similar to the mapper hooks I made). I think a hover (word hilited, hover and it fires a sysHoverEvent type thing), double left click (sysEventDoubleLeftClick can hook to auto-attack, etc.), and a right click menu similar to the mapper would be good.

Any comments/suggestions let me know.

Yeah, that was going to be my next task, adding in a right click menu to look up the word under the cursor. Not quite sure how to do that in Mudlet, but feel free to attack that feature request.