ATCP?

Sheia

ATCP?

Post by Sheia »

Will ATCP be introduced into Mudlet in the future? It may be on a list somewhere that I'm not looking at I suppose. I find it fairly useful when playing IRE muds.

So far I love Mudlet, keep up the good work! :D

Vadi

Re: ATCP?

Post by Vadi »

We don't have immediate plans for it, but the client is open-source - so if anyone decides to code it in, it'll make it.

Sheia

Post by Sheia »

Makes me want to learn how to code. :(

Jules

Post by Jules »

May I ask what ATCP is? Or what language it should be coded in?

Iocun

Post by Iocun »

ATCP is a protocol used in IRE muds to send certain data directly to the client. This is mainly used in the Flash/Java clients of the respective muds, which use it to receive things like current and maximum health/mana, your room exits etc., which can then be displayed with those neat gauges. Using this would just make it simpler to retrieve certain data from the mud - but I can see how this is not a priority, since it's a very specific protocol only used in IRE muds.

http://www.ironrealms.com/rapture/manua ... P-txt.html

Iocun

Post by Iocun »

ATCP is a protocol used in IRE muds to pass on certain data to the client (specifically to the Java/Flash clients of said muds). E.g. it's used to send your current/maximum health/mana and your room exits to those clients, which can then be displayed neatly as gauges etc. It's just a convenient way of grabbing certain data, but I can see how it's not a priority here, since it's strictly an IRE thing.

http://www.ironrealms.com/rapture/manua ... P-txt.html

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That + it's to be coded in C++ for Mudlet.

BrandNew

Post by BrandNew »

Any more word on this? This would be an incredible boost for nice gauges and the like and I would be highly disappointed if something so basic wasn't eventually included!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

JerleMinara has actually stepped up to implement this and has a working prototype ready.

BrandNew

Post by BrandNew »

Excellent! Will it be included in a future Mudlet release once it's been completely polished?