Issues with latest git.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Issues with latest git.

Post by phasma »

There seem to be countless issues with the latest git. All seem wholly related to the current QT bugs. Has anybody filed against these yet?

chris

Re: Issues with latest git.

Post by chris »

Could you be more specific? I build against Qt 5.1.1 just fine (on both windows 7 x64/ubuntu 13.10)

phasma

Post by phasma »

Yep, sure thing.

Qt5.1.1 on Debian Sid.

Issues: The map window fails to show any rooms. (Once you load the git version one time, it happens and is persistent even when loading back into 2.1) - You're required to rm the map stuff from the profile dir.

Artifacts on border-image UI elements. (Slight, but annoying).

Segfault on clicking a UI element with setLabelOnEnter() assigned with no associated function defined.

A couple of times, my UI has just point blank failed to load, returning a nil error. (Can mostly ignore this for now as I can't give any further info at this time as it seems to be rare and I failed to note the error). (Error was a -Lua- function being nil, not a user defined one).

Images just randomly failing to display. Either they show all the time or simply never show at all. Affects just some of them, not all and again, seems extremely random.

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I'll get a bit more info on here when I find the other issues.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Not experiencing any of them...

chris

Post by chris »

I'd say do a clean build of Qt and use my git repo instead of SF (https://github.com/Chris7/Mudlet2/tree/mudletDev). SF is usually a bit behind on bug resolution.

phasma

Post by phasma »

Can I assume you're building against 5.1 now? Granted, it's been a while, but the last time I used your branch, we were still on 4.8.

Thanks. I'll give it a go shortly.

chris

Post by chris »

Yes, I use 5.1.1