Mudlet Portable Edition, was bored

imanerd

Mudlet Portable Edition, was bored

Post by imanerd »

Okay, so I am bored, and I've decided, I'd put Mudlet into a standalone exe portable edition.

Done via Cameyo. Somehow the icon didn't transfer over, but uses cameyo's virtualizer application's icon instead. If someone wants to fix it, it would be appreciated, because I have no clue how I'd proceed, other than guesses.

edit: I've bloody written this post 5 times now, and finally have had the brains to ctrl+c for a backup, and so I think it might have something to do with either the college's blocked domains and a particularly required script that makes the forum work, the browser hates me, or it's the file attachment. So, here's the dropbox link, then. Sorry for all of this emotional load, just a bit frustrated now.

edit: OLD url redacted due to being invalidated and a false alarm by bit.ly. try this instead (https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfay3qtwnmcql ... rtable.exe) ~Imanerd
Last edited by imanerd on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Vadi

Re: Mudlet Portable Edition, was bored

Post by Vadi »

Can you give the sources to replicate this binary with that program?

imanerd

Post by imanerd »

If I am understanding correctly, this is the page you can do it with, but you'd need to be logged in.

http://online.cameyo.com/submit.aspx

Caled

Post by Caled »

Is this link safe?
Sorry to ask, but I get a fairly ominous warning when I click on it.

imanerd

Post by imanerd »

Oh that's just because Bitly doesn't APPRECIATE links that end with an exe extension,

It's on dropbox, so it's not the exe itself, but an html document with the download button.

Bit.ly ALSO does NOT like when you shorten a URL to ANOTHER shortened URL. I did that so I'd have 2, bit.ly AND goo.gl.

I only had used bit.ly so I could see how many people have gone to the download page due to dropbox not supporting download track counts. Though bit.ly then again only supports VIEWS, not ACTUAL downloads of the item.

I'm not a hacker, and much less a coder. Just a tweaker. I wouldn't be supplying you with anything that would damage anyone's computer. There'd be no gain. I'm a Christian and a moralist. I would see all the wrong in that.

try THIS instead, direct link without the URL shortener: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfay3qtwnmcql ... rtable.exe

edit: also apparently I had moved the item without realizing it'd affect the share link itself, so the link was NOT workable ANYWAY. So I've created a new share link on DB. Sorry about that.

copied from PM:
sorry about that, stupid bit.ly gets bent out of shape when you shorten a url to ANOTHER shortened url. I'm just weird is all.

Plus quite often, when I first create the link of a link of another url, it does NOT show the false alarm. It must be based on scheduled internal detections. It thinks it's spam, because a LOT of spammers will shorten one url with another shortened url with another and another and another. I just like being awkward, and on top of that, multiple places to look for statistics, because I'm curious, and also because as stated, dropbox sadly does NOT support download count records per item.

sorry again.

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

I do like this, but then I look at just how trivial it would be to give Mudlet the option to just specify the directory to use...

imanerd

Post by imanerd »

sadly it uses a folder in %appdata% called VOS/*

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

Oh, that matters little. Like I say, Mudlet just needs the feature added which is minimal work to accomplish.

deMangler

Post by deMangler »

Just started using Mudlet - great client.
Have to say that the first thing I did was try to select where the profile info and settings were stored.
Very much would like this feature, but no biggie as there is this portable one.
Thanks devs and community for a great open-source client though. :)

deMangler

Post by deMangler »

Just started using Mudlet - great client.
Have to say that the first thing I did was try to select where the profile info and settings were stored.
Very much would like this feature, but no biggie as there is this portable one.
Thanks devs and community for a great open-source client though. :)