Mudlet mapper area search

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
icesteruk

Mudlet mapper area search

Post by icesteruk »

I been trying to look through the different sites about the mudlet mapper and cant see to find anything to do with the 'alias'

does the mapper have a alias/function which lets you walk through the area? like takes you into every room within that area you are standing in when you started it??

kevutian

Re: Mudlet mapper area search

Post by kevutian »

The mapping scripts currently do not provide this functionality.

A few of us have wrote functions for this, though. I'm sure if you ask around...

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

ah right, I don't really know many people on mudlet mapper ...

Thanks for the reply tho

Zoticus

Post by Zoticus »

I realize this topic is older, but I'm weighing necromancy against starting a new topic that does the same thing -

I want the same functionality that Icesteruk has asked after - so, if anyone that Kevutian mentions as having written such a thing could reply here or contact me directly, that'd be aces!

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

To visit all rooms in a given area: Set up a table with all area rooms and then loop over this table autowalking to every single room. This should be pretty straigt forward. API reference: http://mudlet.sourceforge.net/wordpress ... _html.html

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

However you may find an issue with getting all the rooms for just one area in the current git [rev 660?] code, see bug 1174484.

P.S. I don't think you are involving yourself in necromancy here - this thread still has traces of life in it! :lol: