Multi Line Triggers

Jor'Mox

Multi Line Triggers

Post by Jor'Mox »

Is there any way to programatically set a trigger to be a multi line trigger? Or is that something that has to be done manually?

Specifically, I'm trying to make a function that reads in the prompt format and generates a trigger to capture the information from that prompt. Many of the people using my scripts have widely varying prompts, and a good number of them have prompts that are several lines long. So far, I have just created custom triggers for each person, but it would be nice to be able to just make the trigger and have it work right away, instead of requiring the person to go in and check the box and set the correct number of lines once the trigger is made.

Thanks.

Jor'Mox

Re: Multi Line Triggers

Post by Jor'Mox »

Also, while I have had success with using the "permAlias" function, I have been unable to make "permRegexTrigger" and "permSubstringTrigger" create triggers with the names that I give them. They both create a trigger that is given a number for a name, I assume the number is how many triggers I had plus one.

Is there a way to get around this problem currently? And is this a known issue that is being resolved?

Thanks again.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

There is tempComplexRegexTrigger() - described in http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... 388#p10604. It takes in only one pattern though afaik.

This hasn't come up as a problem in my own scripting and I haven't heard anyone else raise this. You can do your data capture in Lua - if you're playing a GA-enabled MUD, prompt matching isn't an issue with the "return isPrompt()" lua function type.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

This mud is not GA-enabled, so prompts have to be detected manually. Also, as prompt formats don't change frequently, forcing people to recreate their prompt trigger every session, as would be needed with a temp trigger seems excessive.

Also, much of my code seems to be used piecemeal, instead of all together, so I have a place where I post the code itself and instructions for installation. Being able to create in code all the triggers and aliases I need for a given script would significantly reduce installation complexity and resulting errors.

If the function calls themselves need to be fixed (as opposed to me doing something wrong) is there a way to change the name of a function after it is created (other than manually, obviously)?

The function call itself seems pretty straight forward, all I have is this:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
permRegexTrigger("PromptTrigger", "", pattern, code)
Pattern and code are being set elsewhere, and are being added correctly. But instead of "PromptTrigger" being created, I got "37".

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The naming bug with permRegexTrigger is known, that's not intended. You could use a tempRegexTrigger however with a similar effect, just have the code recreate them at start. Creating thousands of triggers is something my system does at start and it's not an issue.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Oh, having actually read tempComplexRegexTrigger()s description, it can make multiple-pattern triggers for you.