new guikit features for scripters

Post by Heiko »

first screenshot of the new user gui toolkit features:
guikit1.png
guikit1.png (104.71 KiB) Viewed 5270 times

Caled

Re: new guikit features for scripters

Post by Caled »

I have to admit, I don't really understand what feature we're being shown here.

That big red warning is nice though, if that's part of what is being shown off.

I also like the way stuff can be displayed as though it is in a separate column, but I don't think that's new, its similar to whats done with that sample package that moves the achaean ascii map. I wish I understood that package :? because , in the future, I intend to use that feature a lot.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

There is a whole bunch of new features.
1. a new user definable border around the main display. All 4 sides have user defined values. This is what is colored pink on the pictcure. The reason for the border is to give the user free choice to customize the gui e.g. but buttons, mini displays, pictures, clickable images, micro displays etc.

2. new gui elements:
a) clickable labels:
  • they can be given a call-back function to handle click events in Lua scripts
    they can hold html formated text
    they are fully scriptable
    they can be positioned anywhere on the screen including the main display e.g. buttons on the main display, or micro variable displays anywhere
    the user can specify the level of transparency
    they can be moved, resized, recolored, hidden, shown, have their text/picture changed via user scripts
    they can have background colors e.g. you can use labels to easily make stats gauges by defining a background color and resizing them according to to current stats
b) fast mini conole text displays (identical to the main display including a split screen:
  • freely positionable
    moveable
    resizeable
    colorizable
    custom color printing
    bold/underline/italics format
    font and font size can be set for each of them
    they have no more border so you can tightly fit them into a custom gui without any margins including overlap
    can be resized, hidden, shown or moved by scripts
c) (not yet implemented in the currently available beta-10pre2 for windows but will be in upcoming beta-10):
Buttons are easier now and are integrated more seamlessly into the rest of the gui. There is 2 sorts of buttons now:
- easy gui css stylable buttons that can be put in toolbars on all 4 sides surrounding the border.
- scriptable, fully customizable buttons or clickable images that can be positions anywhere on the screen

d) new features of the scripting api:
  • create milli seconds stopwatches to measure time
    get network lag
    temp buffers
    Tichi has contributed several Lua functions to the Lua api like myEnnemyTable = myEnemyList:split( "," ), a table size function
e) icon sizes are customizable now (not fully implemented yet)

f) default trigger type can be chosen (not fully implemented yet)

g) command line tab completion has been fixed

h) telnet layer has been slightly modified to handle broken servers better

i) profile history: Users can chose which version of their stored profiles they want to load

j) trigger filters: the trigger only lets it's match or capture groups (if there are any) pass on to its child triggers. This helps to break down complicated regex triggers into simple trigger chain. See an example of how to use this in the package forum (prompt detection demo package)

k) various bug fixes

Caled

Post by Caled »

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Well done with all that, sounds great.