Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Oneymus

Re: Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet [Beta?]

Post by Oneymus »

That is, indeed, how it should work. I'll have to do some experimentation when I have time. Personally, however, I get inconsistent behaviour when dealing with labels drawn on top of the main console, so I can't recommend the practice.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

of what sort?

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

The most notable issue I've run into is losing the ability to interact with the main console, such as copying text. I've also encountered persistent black boxes. I haven't done extensive testing, and the appearance of these artifacts in inconsistent, so I can't really provide more detail.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

I did notice a loss of interaction with the main console when placing a Frame over it.

To hide the scrollbar, I placed a transparent Frame over the entire main console (so you can still see it), and placed another Frame over the scrollbar itself to hide it away.

Now since interaction with the main console is minimal (for the most part, its used to scroll, select and copy), I added a toggle that will reveal the scrollbar and main console. When the main console is clicked, the Frames disappear and you're free to interact with the main console once more. Toggle off with a button or macro and the Frames will reappear.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You're obviously going to get a loss of interaction when a label is covering it, as it's on top. That is expected, and it's not an issue.

Graphics issue however shouldn't be there, but I can't say I've experienced them - and I do use a lot of labels that spawn over the main console.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

After a long delay (apologies; life and all) I have solved the two bugs Akaya brought up relatively recently. Github has been updated accordingly.

First bug: adding Frames to the Vyzor.HUD will now work as expected. They will draw after the Border Frames.

Second bug: Chat now works properly with Left and Right Tabs. Apparently, I had their logic reversed. Easy oversight, but easy fix.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

I'm using Vyzor.Box() to display a few columns of information. There are 32 Frames included. I'm using the Grid BoxMode. It currently displays a 6x6 configuration with 4 blank spaces. Is it possible to have it be a 4x8 or 2x16 configuration?

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Using the Grid BoxMode, no. That particular layout is designed to produce the most square configuration possible. What you can do, however, is next some Boxes. For instance, if you have a master Box with horizontal layout which itself contains two Boxes with vertical layout, you could have your 2x16.

I'll add a configurable layout to my list of possible additions, though, since there is a good argument to be made for it.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

Ah. Very clever. That works beautifully.

My next question pertains to Vyzor.Hover()

Here's a sample script that should change the color of the font when moused over:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
whiteFont = Vyzor.Color( Vyzor.ColorMode.Name, "white" )
ChangeColor = Vyzor.Hover( { whiteFont } )
But its returning the following error:
attempt to call field 'Hover' (a table value)

Any ideas?

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

That Hover thing was a bug. Fixed it in GitHub. Simple case-sensitivity problem: "__Call" instead of "__call". Oi.